What does Xbox's 'biggest technological leap' future goal actually mean? An analysis. 🤔

fatpunkslim

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks for this great article

I too am very excited about all of this, they can really differentiate themselves on a strategy that they can master from start to finish. This rapprochement for years and now a sort of merger between consoles and the PC is the logical continuation. And I end this comment by quoting you (which made me laugh):

You know — the type of stuff you might want if you were developing an Xbox gaming handheld.

:cool:

fatpunkslim

Feb 3, 2024
Visit site
Hi @Jez Corden,

I wanted to make you a suggestion:

One thing that I would like to add and in relation to consoles, is the fact of synchronizing the release of consoles with the release of big games. With covid, the series x was not accompanied by many first party games , unlike the PS5. In general Sony knows how to do it well, the PS5 slim was also released 1 month after the release of Spiderman 2, perfect timing.

And beyond that, whether it's the release of new consoles, or big games in the gamepass, Xbox really needs to pull out all the stops on marketing. Xbox has everything it does, lots of first party games, big additions to the gamepass, but as many people as possible need to know about it, so that Xbox can look for new players.

The fact is that existing players on other platforms are often locked in their bubble, or only follow the news from their platform. If Xbox doesn't make as much noise as possible when they release big games like hellblade 2, indiana jones, gears 6, fable, blade, etc... it's complicated to go and get them and it's a definite loss . PlayStation sites, for example, do not necessarily relay good news on the Xbox side, but rather false rumors or false controversies.

Also, PlayStation with the few games they have manage to make a lot of noise with a big marketing budget. For example, when big PS games are released, we are flooded with ads everywhere. For example, when searching for Xbox on YouTube, I have PlayStation ads that come up first, which is a shame.

At key moments, such as the release of big games, or big entries in the gamepass, Xbox absolutely must push the cursors fully on advertising. For example, when Diablo 4 was released in the gamepass, which is a very big entry, (I'm addicted at the moment), Xbox did a little advertising but it was quite timid in my opinion.

At key moments, such as the release of the next call of duty black ops, Xbox really needs to be everywhere: google adsense, youtube ads, sponsored content, social ads, wherever the players are, and also in stores, c 'is important. In Europe, the low presence of Xbox on shelves is alarming.

They have great games, great services, great consoles, all that's missing is to make it known to as many people as possible and Xbox cannot be satisfied with the microcosm of hardcore gamers who follow the news but go well beyond that.

I don't know if you have had the opportunity to treat the subject in depth, but I think it could be the subject of a good article. I know that you have some influence at Xbox and that they read you, so I think it would be nice to give them a little reminder. Sarah, Phil, you have to free up a little of the marketing budget

Papictu

Apr 5, 2024
Visit site
I am not very optimistic about this.

Other stores on Xbox? Will they have to link to the Xbox achievement system? Will achievements from other systems be mixed? Will we lose the advantages of having everything under the same player profile?

This smells like a disaster to me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf