What phone do you use? HALP!

Jose A Rodriguez

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Y'all, I think it's officially time for me to say goodbye to my Windows Phone as it's becoming harder and harder to work from it and enjoy its use.

So I'm now on the market for a new phone - YAY(?)! I'm thinking about getting the Blackberry Keyone as it looks like the perfect productivity phone! However, Microsoft left me with trust issues because of the killing of the Windows Phone and I don't want the same thing to happen with the Keyone once I get it.

With that being said, what are your thoughts? Is the Keyone worth getting? Is there a risk of it being a waste of money? What phone are you using?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I would recommend posting this on our sister site forums as well. You will probably get a lot of helpful responses there.
Good luck.

forums.crackberry.com

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I've been using the keyONE for the last little while. I absolutely love it. battery life is one of the most important features and I haven't been able to kill the battery in a regular days usage. not once and I'm a heavy user in my opinion. Yes, it's a little bit sluggish compared to my s8 but I'll take double the battery life trade off for that. The camera is good enough and I'm still a fan of the blackberry suite of apps and the vanilla android experience.

I highly recommend.

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
If you are worried about support I would definitely go with an Android device, maybe a Pixel order OnePlus. Regarding the KeyONE I don't know much about it, but I have noticed Blackberry making a good comeback recently after adopting Android, so I'm sure they'll be sticking around for a while.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for support, BlackBerry doesn't seem to be the one to turn to. 2 years of security updates and only one major update for the Priv (5 > 6) isn't very impressive as Google and possibly some others beat that with two years of major OS updates and an extra year of security patches.

BlackBerry's suite of apps is excellent but mostly available on other phones for $1/month which I think is negligible for the value personally.

I would get the KeyOne only for the keyboard - the touchpad functionality on the Priv was great, I'm sure its great on the K1 too. Battery life is great but its hardly the only endurance champ out there.

But if you want a keyboard and the other perks, don't mind the likely "meh" update situation and the price is right, then sure.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an iPhone X right now. I did consider Andriod, but I didn't like the idea of update angst, weird skins and general UI confusion.

Microsoft apps work pretty well on iOS and I've been generally happy with it.

Akshay M

Banned
Jan 2, 2020
Visit site
I have redmi 4 with 3 GB ram 32gb internal storage smartphone , which is black in colour ,I really like this device because of its size and easy to handle and having so many features in a very low budget , I bought this smartphone offline from a store at that time Xiaomi phones are trending that's why I prefer this one . I bought my phone 1 year back at just 9,500 which is not a big deal because you are getting 3 GB smartphone at just 9,500 .

About device information :

You can play high graphics game in this phone but you may face a little bit lag .eg PUBG , asphalt 8 and many more.
About YouTube video quality it doesn't support 1080p .
And the important thing i.e. battery as it is 4100 mAh but if you use without any break you have to charge twice a day after 6 months of buying ,but in first 6 months one time full charge is sufficient for whole day .
Updates are regularly provided by the company .
About camera : back camera is quite good but front camera is really bad .if you want to buy this phone for photography I think it is bad option and go for MI note 5 pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788