What's the Stupidest thing you have had said or asked about your Windows phone?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
My friend, who used to work for Verizon, was frowning his nose up when he saw I went to Windows Phone

"That phone was our worse seller" as he picked up his HTC EVO 3D trying to figure out why his phone stopped alerting him when he had new texts

joshage

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Oh god I've had a funny one from the Carphone Warehouse salesman, I was standing on my HTC 8S taking a look at the nokia lumia 520 in store and he started talking and he said "You dont want a windows phone, they're really slow and the battery life is terrible let me show you the iPhone 5" which made me laugh and I showed him my HTC 8S which was on 95% from 5hours ago and I showed him how fast and responsive the OS is and well he just said "Do you need anymore help" lol, speechless.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
This had happened twice to me the first occasion was when my friends and I where looking looking for a place to eat and she was on her android phone and I told her let me use my phone and I used city lens to look for a place to eat and she told me ooooh what is that app called so I can get it on my android cell phone and I told her well you can't get it on android because its only on Nokia lumia winows phone and she ooooohhh how fancy in a sarcastic way
The second time I was with my cousin and her friend and also they wanted to eat and again I used city lens and she said what app is that because I want it on my andriod and I told her you can't because its exclusive to Nokia windows phone and she was surprised that an app that I have is not on google App Store and she said "that app would of been useful when we were looking for a burger place to eat "

In those cases I was able to show that windows phone has good things that are actually useful :)

anon(5419168)

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My story... Went to T-Mobile to look at the Nokia 925 and sales guy seen me looking over every angle of the phone and asked if I need help. I explained I had been following Nokia for a while and was interested in this phone. He asked if I had ever used a Windows phone as they were not really a full featured phone and most people that have a need for a smart phone usually go with a Android and he proceeds to pull out his Galaxy S3 which had some really flamboyant case,,,,,and my stare goes blank. I pulled my htc 8x out of my pocket and said I have been exposed to Windows phone, Galaxy S2, iPhone 4 and I prefer WP8. Told him to write it up. At the counter when the sales guy was doing the sim and paperwork another worker, the manager, walked over to the register and said I see you are buying the 925 and he proceeds to pull out his 925 with the yellow charge cover and said it's a great phone. I looked the other worker and back at him and said I know why your the manager.

RodimusMajor

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow-- I feel kinda lucky that I've never run into people this daft about phones, hahaha. The most common reactions I get to my Lumia 900 are, "Hey, what's that?" or "Is that one of those Windows Phones?", and I just answer them and they say "Cool" and move on. The worst I ever got was my friend (who owns a Note II) mistaking it for a Droid Razr (!!), lol.

It seems like people in general have trouble recognising anything that's not an iSomething or a Galaxy of some sort, whether it's phones or tablets. People keep asking if my Nexus 7 is a Kindle or an iPad Mini. XD

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The other day was with friends on a trip out to the local lake and I turned on Here Drive had speed limit turned on. Has my friend went over the speed limit my phone start beeping letting us know that. He was like well my phone can't do that, I said I know.

Friend mention a Band, One friends pulls out his Android and the other pulls her Iphone start searching, I pull out my Nokia and press home bring up speech and ask him to repeat what he just said. Before the other phones could even get any info. Boom it was on my screen, videos, concert info, and much more..

diktea

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Can we go to the next video by pressing the 'next' button, without going back and individually clicking each video? LOL

mikeofthegarden

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Fortunately for me, when I went in to buy a 928, the sales guy pulled out his 928 and told me he loved it. Started showing me apps that he bought, etc..

On the other hand, my girlfriend is an iPhone junky. Thinks it makes her "hip". She likes my phone, and the live tiles, but only as MY phone. Whenever she picks it up she has trouble doing the simplest things. I came from iPhone an haven't had that problem. Oh well.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
the dumbest question is without a doubt "Do you like it?" to which I reply

"why no, I hate it, I just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

I mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.

The answer to a broken arm or wrecked car is no, I don't like either of them, which is the opposite of do you like your WP. Which I assume, yes you do...
:amaze:

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, the best I've ever heard ;D a mother of a friend that's in a 90€ per month contract with an iPhone 5 said my phone was rubbish, because the screen is way too small for Windows programs, even her Notebook has a too small screen. She really thought it runs a desktop Windows OS..

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My girlfriend had to take her Lumia 920 in for repair at an EE store recently. The guy working there said she could either have a basic dumb phone for free while the Lumia is being repaired or a Samsung Galaxy Mini Android Phone which she would have to pay a ?60 deposit for but would get it back on collection of her Lumia.
My girlfriend said, that's quite alot to pay and she was told that if she was bringing in an Android phone for repair she wouldn't have to pay the ?60 deposit!!
She said that's totally unfair and asked how come you only have to pay a deposit if you bring in a Windows Phone.
He said that after using a Windows Phone and then being lent an Android lots of customers are smashing up the Android Phones in total frustration so they HAVE to take the deposit! lol.

After trying out the Android Phone myself, the sales guy may not actually be joking either.

They don't lend out Windows Phones for sum reason.

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Somehow I never saw this thread, or it's been long enough that my short memory doesn't recall seeing it. Either way, there's some good stuff here. :wink:

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed lately that the average person now seems too av at least heard of a Windows Phone and do know a little bit about them, hence I don't hear so many stupid comments about them which is a pity....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di