What's with all the bogus contact requests?

ALToronto

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Seems like every day I get a request from someone whose name I don't recognize. What's the point? To bombard me with spam? If I accidentally accept such a request, what's the downside? And would I be able to delete and block this user later?

I'm pretty new to Skype, so apologies if this seems na?ve.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Those requests are probably from spam bots in the first place. They could send a message or call you during night time, so it's better to delete and block them if you've accidentally accepted the request. If you haven't accepted the request yet, you can just ignore it.

Depending on your device, just right click or long press on the contact's name to delete/block it. You may also want to make your contact details private on your Skype profile if you haven't done so already (log in to your profile on skype.com to check).

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Another thing to do is go into your account and then profile and edit out as much info as possible, never include your gender.

When I first started with Skype I filled in too much detail and was getting requests (Which I always block and report as Spam) but since I edited out a lot of detail they have dried up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilyyVon