When will Google & Microsoft make peace?

eseerc

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
One thing is for sure, consumers will be the ones benefitting from the innovations by Microsoft, Google and Apple. Microsoft finally seems to be getting their act together and if they are able to successfully launch into phones and other hardware, they will have the "total package" of a tech presence.

Polychrome

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm content with the excellent 3rd party YouTube apps. What else does Google offer that WP/M does not?

Honestly, most of google's services can be accessed via their webapps, from youtube to maps. The webapps act exactly the same as the "downloadable" apps people have on android, with the exception of turn-by-turn navigation. (That'd be a terrible thing to try cramming onto a webpage now that I think about it...) Grabbing one of those "create your own tiles" app should be more than enough.

Google drive used to be accessible but it seems they've removed web support. Or at the very least, I can't get in anymore. A pity.

I've literally used the youtube mobile website to walk android customers through the youtube app.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I find some website link to Google Maps for directions - and they are brutally slow on my phone. Be nice if it would default to Bing....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzankhan1