When will the Lumia 830 Denim update come out?

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Yup, we're all still waiting in this half of the world. Microsoft seems more concerned with rolling out Windows 10 previews than Denim updates to phones it had previously misled us into believing already came with full Denim. Way to make up for it.

Microsoft is not the one that decides to push the update. That is ALL on AT&T, and this time around they are taking their sweet darn time. :(

The update will come off Microsoft's servers, but they cannot push the go button until they get approval from AT&T

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is not the one that decides to push the update. That is ALL on AT&T, and this time around they are taking their sweet darn time. :(

The update will come off Microsoft's servers, but they cannot push the go button until they get approval from AT&T

I really question that, if AT&T or any other carrier doesn't have access to the update they can't push it out, I'm not trying to be a smartass here but seeing how fragmented the Denim rollout has been it makes one wonder, just can't see the logic in that they'd have access to it since day one yet choose to take their sweet time implementing... I know testing and all but it hasn't taken this long in the past with my carrier in regards to other updates.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I have an RM-985, not an RM-983. In other words, one of the international unlocked, carrier-free variants of the Lumia 830 and not the AT&T version. This is purely Microsoft's doing as far as my variant is concerned.

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an RM-985, not an RM-983. In other words, one of the international unlocked, carrier-free variants of the Lumia 830 and not the AT&T version. This is purely Microsoft's doing as far as my variant is concerned.
I'm in the same boat as you with my unlocked carrier-free Lumia 735. The Euro version received a few updates already whereas my Latin American version hasn't received any. Microsoft really needs to sort this out for carrier-free phones, there is no reason to delay giving us updates.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I really question that, if AT&T or any other carrier doesn't have access to the update they can't push it out, I'm not trying to be a smartass here but seeing how fragmented the Denim rollout has been it makes one wonder, just can't see the logic in that they'd have access to it since day one yet choose to take their sweet time implementing... I know testing and all but it hasn't taken this long in the past with my carrier in regards to other updates.

Well, windows phones are not the only phone that gets tested, there are dozens of phones, Androids even IPhone has a carrier approval etc. Apple though gives the carriers a hard date to have the testing done by. So the windows phone gets moved into a queue to be tested, and I bet AT&T has a fairly small testing division. Microsoft unfortunately does not have that much weight to get a hard date on the rollout. Most android phones have not received the 5.1 update either. They have it worse, not only do they have to wait for Google to do its update, but then the manufacture to do its update to Googles (launcher, skin etc.) and the Carrier has to approve the firmware. We just have to hold tight, if AT&T found a problem, it has to go back to Microsoft to rectify, which is what happened with the Black update.

OrangeBerry02

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Got the update on my UK sim free phone. Lumia Camera is ... okay. A case of "Much Ado About Nothing" as far as I am concerned. Photos still look as mediocre as ever with the marginal bonus they can be lit a little better.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

Flashed my phone with the uk country variant denim firmware last night. It seems to have broken the search button , back and windows are fine. Now I am pretty sure that this is due to my screen protector. I am torn between being pleased that I can't accidentally press the thing and being pissed off because the phone doesn't work as intended. I can always use Cortana via an app.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

What's Microsoft upto? They released denim for 520 in India almost 2 months back. Although we know denim is not much of a big deal for non pure view models. They are cheating us. I bought 830 4months back and till now no Lumia camera or full denim for me.. Microsoft, don't forget India is one of the major markets for you. Had been waiting a lot till now patiently. But there is a limit for everything! This is why windows phone market share is this low. At least don't fool your customers by your fake ads..

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

What's Microsoft upto? They released denim for 520 in India almost 2 months back. Although we know denim is not much of a big deal for non pure view models. They are cheating us. I bought 830 4months back and till now no Lumia camera or full denim for me.. Microsoft, don't forget India is one of the major markets for you. Had been waiting a lot till now patiently. But there is a limit for everything! This is why windows phone market share is this low. At least don't fool your customers by your fake ads..

So you could not use your phone for 4 months ?
Could not make any picture?

And not only India is waiting please check how many devices are updated in Latin America.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

So you could not use your phone for 4 months ?
Could not make any picture?

And not only India is waiting please check how many devices are updated in Latin America.

I could have used the phone and taken pictures with even a lower device. That's not what's expected from the promises they give before purchasing this for the amount we pay. And did I tell that other than India everywhere else its updated? I just shared my feeling of oppression. If you are happy without an update, why are you bothered to comment on this thread?

saqib-rehan

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I have RM-984 in pakistan..no updates till now even enrolled myself in DP and insiders but nothing as yet........:unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy::unhappy:

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I could have used the phone and taken pictures with even a lower device. That's not what's expected from the promises they give before purchasing this for the amount we pay. And did I tell that other than India everywhere else its updated? I just shared my feeling of oppression. If you are happy without an update, why are you bothered to comment on this thread?

Because you are whining.

And we are not Microsoft, so at least send a complain to Microsoft.

That you are not happy that you don't have an update is of course very clear and does need further explanation because every one understands that.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

I asked ATT on Twitter last week, they responded they have no information to release on Denim update for the 830. Which I interpret to mean "don't hold your breath."

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

I asked ATT on Twitter last week, they responded they have no information to release on Denim update for the 830. Which I interpret to mean "don't hold your breath."

The same for Bell Mobility with the Lumia 830. Bell told me that they didn't have the update yet in their hands to test so it doesn't look good at all....

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I was quite confident in my purchase of the Lumia 830 from AT&T. I was excited for once in my life to have a phone that had the latest software on it, from the day I bought it. I also heard such good things about AT&T and WP support. However, the joke is clearly on me. Not only do I, nor did I ever, have the latest software on my 830, but AT&T has been doing their best to impersonate Verizon with the speed of software updates.

It's all a joke. Microsoft needs to figure out a way to deliver firmware updates via Preview for Developers. As much as I love my 830 and WP, if software updates and the app situation doesn't improve within the year, I'll be forced to jump back to one of the other platforms. Google is just becoming more creepy, and I never did like Apple and their litigious ways. Makes the choice quite hard.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The same for Bell Mobility with the Lumia 830. Bell told me that they didn't have the update yet in their hands to test so it doesn't look good at all....

Whether this is true or not who knows but definitely plausible, my guess all along was that MS is the cause of the slow rollout and the more I read the more it seems to be true.

I'm on Telus and haven't heard a thing, was considering inquiring but been there and done that before with little in the way of a straight answers so why bother.

I'll be hanging on for a few more months until my contract nears it's end, if the pace of WP doesn't pickup by then I'll be considering another platform, stick of being in the beta/test stage all the time which it seems we have been in for the past year... Nice having the ability to test out a new OS and all but when phones are being left in the dust waiting for patches/fixes in lieu of, that's when I draw the line.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LilyyVon