When will the Lumia 830 Denim update come out?

bumbleboing

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I was in contact with MS support chat regarding the availability list for SW updates as Sweden had the L830 missing.
The engineer would forward the information, 1 day later this was in the list... :)
Lumia 830 Country variant Denim 8.10.14234.375 02040.00021.15063.02003

Which is nice.. I suppose :D

He also said I need to use Lumia Recovery Tool to get the latest SW from MS servers and this would give me the latest denim update.. I tried this, it didn't work.. Now I'm back to the first denim vs from win10 :(
Although I have to say that changing softwares on a Windows phone is a dream ! so so easy! your backup will quickly set your phone to what it was before.

I should also say that LC5 camera didn't work with Win10 either :( and win10 preview still has quite a few issues and wasn't that smooth so I find 8,1 a better alternative.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 830 Denim Udpate.

None of the Latin and North American variants have been updated, the moment they are I'm flashing

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

That's if we're reeeeeal lucky ;)

I've asked the question on Twitter to @Bell, @Bell_Support, @Lumia, @LumiaCanada and guess what....nobody answered LOL!.

Honestly I really hope that at least we will have the update within this month!

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've asked the question on Twitter to @Bell, @Bell_Support, @Lumia, @LumiaCanada and guess what....nobody answered LOL!.

Honestly I really hope that at least we will have the update within this month!

They usually don't answer as they're afraid they may be giving away trade secrets lol... I'm on Telus.

My enthusiasm for Denim has pretty much all went out the window, each day waiting just helps solidify the direction I may be going, I'll have a better idea if and when we get it and whether my phone becomes what it should have been from the get go or not.

Last edited:

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

They usually don't answer as they're afraid they may be giving away trade secrets lol... I'm on Telus.

My enthusiasm for Denim has pretty much all went out the window, each day waiting just helps solidifies the direction I may be going, I'll have a better idea if and when we get it and whether my phone becomes what it should have been from the get go or not.

Yeah I understand you! The only thing I will do next time is when they announce a new phone with certain features out of the box, I will wait a couple weeks to see if everything is present on the phone before buying it.

It's sick that they announced and showed this phone with all the goodies but no LC5 for us since October. Now we will probably be the last people to receive this Denim update.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Yeah I understand you! The only thing I will do next time is when they announce a new phone with certain features out of the box, I will wait a couple weeks to see if everything is present on the phone before buying it.

It's sick that they announced and showed this phone with all the goodies but no LC5 for us since October. Now we will probably be the last people to receive this Denim update.

Problem with that is that everything appeared fine on the 830, we were just waiting on Lumia Camera 5 to be released. 2 months later, out came out and we found out that our Denim wasn't the " full Denim".

vinscg

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Fido/rogers L830 user here.. Im getting a bit angry... Where the f**k is the denim firmware update???????????????????

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Fido/rogers L830 user here.. Im getting a bit angry... Where the f**k is the denim firmware update???????????????????

I don't know if you use Twitter but if you do, follow @LumiaHelp and ask them. They will know that Canadian are waiting for this update.

I'm with Bell and I've asked them yesterday... At first they asked me to be patient and I replied that my patience as run out and they replied that they will get more detailed info soon.....

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I don't know if you use Twitter but if you do, follow @LumiaHelp and ask them. They will know that Canadian are waiting for this update.

I'm with Bell and I've asked them yesterday... At first they asked me to be patient and I replied that my patience as run out and they replied that they will get more detailed info soon.....

It's no use even asking because no one will ever give you a straight answer, seems to be the norm in the tech world, you'll either never hear back from them or the answer will be "we're working on it" or once again "soon", all words in hopes of appeasing the consumer and to bide them more time.

Something seems amiss with this rollout and one has to wonder what it'll mean for the next installment, will it be better or worse, there definitely appears to be a downward trend as of late (past year) in my opinion. Like I said before, the longer the wait(s) the more it just solidifies the direction I'll be heading in the future.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft hasn't even released the update for North American variants yet, so the carriers hands are tied here. If the unlocked RM-985 had already received the update I could understand being mad at the carriers, but once again... this is MS's doing.

Although I currently own a Lumia 830, I returned the last one I owned citing a manufacturer's defect but also mentioned that the phone didn't come with true Denim out-of-the-box as advertised and that contributed to my deciding to return it. Hopefully somebody at MS takes note.

sbrad

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
Same boat as many.....I'm with Fido/Canada and after having bought the 830 thinking I had the "NEW" Denim, I'm pissed off that I had only a portion. Not blaming Fido....I'm blaming Microsoft. Kinda like buying a new car only to find out that the brakes will be great once they release the upgrade.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Same boat as many.....I'm with Fido/Canada and after having bought the 830 thinking I had the "NEW" Denim, I'm pissed off that I had only a portion. Not blaming Fido....I'm blaming Microsoft. Kinda like buying a new car only to find out that the brakes will be great once they release the upgrade.

Looks like us Canadians will be the last at receiving Denim and not so sure we'll even see it going at this rate, the delay definitely doesn't appear to be a carrier issue this go around which makes things that more confusing, what makes those other country L830 variants so different that some have gotten it already yet others are still waiting... I figured it out, SIZE DOES MATTER LOL, still no excuse for MS inability to get Denim out to the masses in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcw666