Which vendor is more Microsoft friendly? Samsung or LG?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking to start purchasing some new appliances (washer/dryer, TV, fridge, vacuum, etc.) and would like everything to be in the same ecosystem if possible. It seems Samsung and LG are the two vendors that look promising to me. Does anyone know if one is more Microsoft friendly than the other? I know i'll have to buy an Android phone at some point to get more use out of the ecosystem (I have a Lumia 950) right now.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Both LG and Samsung are the same what you are looking for, because Microsoft is mostly platform and brand agnostic in Android... but i recommend Samsung over LG since the latter have lots of hardware problems in many of their devices like the LG G4, G5, V10 and the Nexus 5x.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to start purchasing some new appliances (washer/dryer, TV, fridge, vacuum, etc.) and would like everything to be in the same ecosystem if possible...

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing bad experience with LG. My less than 2yo TV just died, and when technician came over he had no idea what happened to it after it didnt turn on after swapping power and main boards. He said it might be a panel which costs $450±. A days before that my LG phone also died, I think it's just a battery, but still. There are many articles and videos of/about LG TVs screen problems. They offer only 1yr warranty, but technician said if you buy from Costco they offer 2yrs. I don't know about their laptops and monitors, my HP laptop is 5+ yo and HP monitor is almost 8+ yo

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing bad experience with LG. My less than 2yo TV just died, and when technician came over he had no idea what happened to it after it didnt turn on after swapping power and main boards. He said it might be a panel which costs $450±. A days before that my LG phone also died, I think it's just a battery, but still. There are many articles and videos of/about LG TVs screen problems. They offer only 1yr warranty, but technician said if you buy from Costco they offer 2yrs. I don't know about their laptops and monitors, my HP laptop is 5+ yo and HP monitor is almost 8+ yo
I had an HP laptop that had the display go bad due to the lid movement fraying the cable. I've had Toshiba and Asus laptops last longer than the HP. I wouldn't buy another HP. My latest laptop is from Dell.

dinaywhat

Sep 23, 2021
Visit site
I fell in love with Samsung technology when I bought my first push-button mobile phone. Of course, it was a long time ago. After that phone, I had LG, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, and even Huawei. Each of the listed companies creates bad equipment. The LG microwave broke down before two months had passed after the purchase. The LG refrigerator in my mother's house is constantly making noise and turning off. If you need to choose, then choose Samsung. I've never regretted that after all the brands, I buy only Samsung phones. I'm changing them only because I want a new phone, not because it's broken.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di