Who is planning on getting one?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft shocked everyone by announcing not one but two consoles the xbox one s and project scorpio (to arrive sometime in winter 2017) During E3.

Daniel Rubino also has written an article which is worth a read:

http://www.windowscentral.com/shoul...=slider&utm_campaign=navigation&utm_source=wp

So without further ado who is thinking of getting the Xbox One S?

Theoretical Q: Say for instance Microsoft only announced the Xbox One S, would have you bought one (pun intended :winktongue:) or waited a little longer into this console cycle?

Chime in below!

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Actually I'm pretty crabbed out as I just bought an Xbox one a few weeks ago and paid almost what this one will cost but this one is better. So yeah now trying to find someone to buy this one form me with out losing to much money .... Awesome

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually I'm pretty crabbed out as I just bought an Xbox one a few weeks ago and paid almost what this one will cost but this one is better. So yeah now trying to find someone to buy this one form me with out losing to much money .... Awesome

Don't suppose you could return it for a refund?

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just out of interest doesn't anyone want to wait to see how it handles gaming for quite some time. By this I mean will the fan go crazy and the Xbox be super hot to touch. The ps4 was noise and hot as hell so let's hope this doesn't have the same issues.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I want one, but I hope they put this stuff through rigorous Test

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Just out of interest doesn't anyone want to wait to see how it handles gaming for quite some time. By this I mean will the fan go crazy and the Xbox be super hot to touch. The ps4 was noise and hot as hell so let's hope this doesn't have the same issues.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Like you I'm worried about the PSU and cooling also inside the Xbox Original it had the PSU built-in too right?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android (V10 or 5x)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ah, I see. Got mine day one don't regret it.

If the video showed actual 40% shrink... then that is a ridiculous size reduction as the x1 is almost as wide as my 17" Pro book 4730s.

I hope they retained the HDMI Passthrough...

Mine is a day one as well, I don't regret anything...

On the back of the console, there is a HDMI in, so your pass thought should be ok on the "S". There is nothing wrong with my Day one Xbox one, it works perfect. I do have a 4K tv that I play it on, so going to the "S" would be something I need to do.

With the 4K UHD Blu-ray drive in it, it would be a worthy upgrade for me, as stand alone players now start at $399 and getting a Xbox one S is the same price but, I get so much more.

If you have a Xbox one and a 4K tv, the S is a worthy upgrade if only for the 4K UHD player...

Last edited:

borgeindergaard

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Picked up my Xbox One S 2TB today :) And it's working great. Played some Halo 5 and stuff and there's no noise that I can hear.
Though I never owned a regular Xbox One (or PS4 for that matter).

iAndyLane

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Strongly considering picking one up. Got rid of my xbox a couple years ago and have regretted it ever since. This mild upgrade has me tempted to pick one up again.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I placed an order for a 500gb Storm Grey Xbox One S with Battlefield 1 last night.

Took advantage of the Black Friday deal for $249, came with a FREE $25 Microsoft Gift Code and a FREE game (in my case, I picked Far Cry Primal)

Can't wait to receive it :D hehe

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Amazon had them for $212 (BF or Minecraft) with 3 months of xbox live... I applied for a credit card and of course got approved, they gave a $50 credit to amazon. I used another account to pay, and my total with taxes and 2 day shipping(did a trial of Amazon prime)....$175.05 :)

And yes, I will be closing the Credit card account (22.49% interest...OMG)

I wanted the 2tb Gears of War one but, that is $400 on sale.... could not pass up a 500gb Xbox One s with BF 1 and 3 months of Xbox live for $175....

I bet this is the deal of all deals right now :)

My Day one Xbox one will be going up on ebay with a few games that I have beat but, will never play again. And after all said and done, I bet I dont pay over $50-75 for the new Xbox one after I sell my old one (and yes, i am keeping the Kinect)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz