Why does my camera slow down when taking photos?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Camera / Photos slowness

Hi All,

When I take a few pictures (usually with Flash and rich capture on) often the whole device starts slowing down and it looks like its spending ages processing the images. Eg when previewing I get a black screen or the loading dots scrolling across the pictures. Also when I go to my Photos it doesn't display the latest photos it takes a while to refresh.

Is there a solution to this?

I am saving photos to device and I am on build 10586.107

Thanks

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Camera / Photos slowness

Hi All,

When I take a few pictures (usually with Flash and rich capture on) often the whole device starts slowing down and it looks like its spending ages processing the images. Eg when previewing I get a black screen or the loading dots scrolling across the pictures. Also when I go to my Photos it doesn't display the latest photos it takes a while to refresh.

Is there a solution to this?

I am saving photos to device and I am on build 10586.107

Thanks

Which device are you using? I've had similar issues where HDR (Rich capture) isn't even working. As far as I've noticed it takes much longer to save photos taken with flash, but nothing too bad.
Photos app has been even worse few builds ago, it's almost fine now. What I'd recommend is doing a soft reset, if that doesn't help I'd go for a hard reset since it significiantly improves performances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip