Why don't I have an internet (LAN/wifi) connection working on my Asus K55VD after updating to Win10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

No internet (LAN/wifi) connection working on asus K55VD after updating to Win10

Hello. I've just updated my 2-year-old Asus K55VD laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Since then I am experiencing serious problems with connecting to internet: no wifi network is found, and actually it seems the wifi hardware is not even found; same story for the LAN connection, as I connect the cable no connection is found. I think the problems is triggered by the drivers. On Asus support web site all I can find is outdated drivers (2013 in the best case). Any idea of how to solve this problem?

Emanuele

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: No internet (LAN/wifi) connection working on asus K55VD after updating to Win10

Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem! No WiFi and no LAN after the upgrade. I even tried with 2 different USB WiFi adaptors and they also didn't worked!!

I will try in few days a clean install from the ISO using the new key I've got after the upgrade. It's hard to believe the WiFi and LAN of this computer is not supported by Windows 10 without installing additional drivers. I believe they are quite common hardware components.

Autumnslight

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: No internet (LAN/wifi) connection working on asus K55VD after updating to Win10

I had the same problem on my Asus Q550LF Laptop. I installed several different drivers, and nothing worked, so I wound up rolling back to Windows 8.1.

First, I uninstalled the Cisco VPN application that I had, as I had read other people had issues when they updated to WIndows 10 with these types of applications installed.

Then I went to the support section of the ASUS website, input my laptop model number, and downloaded the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Lan Driver and Application (this may vary, depending on what wireless adapter you have) from the Wireless section under Driver & Tools. NOTE: there were no wireless drivers available when I selected Windows 10 as my Operating System, so I chose WIndows 8.1, and downloaded that driver.

Next, I uninstalled the Qualcomm Atheros Client Installation Program from my computer, and then I unistalled my wireless adapter and totally deleted the driver info from Device Manager. At that point, I had no internet connectivity in Windows 8.1.

Finally, I rebooted, installed the new driver, rebooted again, and updated to Windows 10 again. Now everything works fine!

Good luck. I hope this is helpful to others.

Arun Ramalingam

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

I have same issues on my Toshiba Laptop with Atheros AR9002 Wifi device. . Both Wi-fi and LAN were down. It was not getting any IP assigned.
I am going to try your solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra