Why has the self timer stopped working in the WP10 camera app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Self-timer does not work in the camera app. Noticed problem just within the last couple of days. I can go into the menu options, choose "Photo timer," and on the next screen, there's a drop-down menu to choose the delay time. But, there used to be a checkmark box at the bottom of the screen to enable the function. That is now gone, and if I just merely choose the delay time I want, then go back to the camera, it doesn't work. Both the onscreen button, and the physical key shutter button just take the picture - no delay! How do I fix this? What's wrong?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Self-timer does not work in the camera app. Noticed problem just within the last couple of days. I can go into the menu options, choose "Photo timer," and on the next screen, there's a drop-down menu to choose the delay time. But, there used to be a checkmark box at the bottom of the screen to enable the function. That is now gone, and if I just merely choose the delay time I want, then go back to the camera, it doesn't work. Both the onscreen button, and the physical key shutter button just take the picture - no delay! How do I fix this? What's wrong?

Can you try accessing those settings in a different orientation like portrait if you've been using landscape and see what happens?

Also, check store for pending app updates

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Can you try accessing those settings in a different orientation like portrait if you've been using landscape and see what happens?

Also, check store for pending app updates

Hey you are a lifesaver!!! I could not make this work to save my life. Reading your post, I noticed that the check and X marks to launch the timer settings are invisible in portrait mode and I have to turn my phone (Lumia 950) 90 degrees to landscape to make them appear. Once I have hit the check mark in landscape mode, then the time works either in landscape or portfolio.

Thank you very much!!

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey you are a lifesaver!!! I could not make this work to save my life. Reading your post, I noticed that the check and X marks to launch the timer settings are invisible in portrait mode and I have to turn my phone (Lumia 950) 90 degrees to landscape to make them appear. Once I have hit the check mark in landscape mode, then the time works either in landscape or portfolio.

Thank you very much!!

It's actually just hidden underneath the navigation bar. You can see the check and x, but first you need to hide the nav bar. I don't even know why soft buttons can be hidden underneath the nav bar. You see this issue with other MS and 3rd Party apps.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Thank you very much!!

glad to help, it seemed like a simple solution to try out with little effort so I thought why not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariehselm