Why is it still so hard to avoid the undesirable players in gaming?

NoLifeDGenerate

May 7, 2023
www.mentallyirregular.com
Why is this still not a real option? All we need is a simple blacklist, but nothing works. I don't want to report people to some lame automated system. I just want to NEVER see that person in the same lobby I'm in again. EVER. Why is that so bloody difficult for MS (or any platform) to offer? It's only getting worse with crossplay, since many of those games give very little control over who you match with. The only blocking options we get in 2023 are for communications? Really?

Technically, Xbox360 had an "avoid player" option but it didn't actually work. I know because I used to run into the same firefight AFKers daily on Halo Reach.

Jez Corden

Staff member
Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Why is this still not a real option? All we need is a simple blacklist, but nothing works. I don't want to report people to some lame automated system. I just want to NEVER see that person in the same lobby I'm in again. EVER. Why is that so bloody difficult for MS (or any platform) to offer? It's only getting worse with crossplay, since many of those games give very little control over who you match with. The only blocking options we get in 2023 are for communications? Really?

Technically, Xbox360 had an "avoid player" option but it didn't actually work. I know because I used to run into the same firefight AFKers daily on Halo Reach.
I'm guessing cus it'll screw up third-party match making systems, which gets increasingly complex with overlapping platforms and services. I agree though that toxicity in gaming is a huge problem, still.

Ben Wilson

Staff member
Nov 6, 2021
Visit site
I was just thinking about this when I suddenly remembered that 'avoid player' prompt on the X360.

Feels like it should definitely be easier to accomplish, especially on some of the most popular games in the world. It's not like we're in danger of running out of people to matchmake with, especially on the top F2P shooters, where toxicity runs wild.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital