Why is my laptop's keyboard not working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I upgraded my laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After upgrading, for logging in into my computer I could not access the keyboard. So I am currently using my on screen keyboard, I can't even access the volume button, brightness button etc.
So I request you to diagnose the bug present and repair it as soon as possible.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It could be that spilled can of coke on your desk? No, it wouldn't be that.

I've not heard of the issue of people not having access to their laptop's keyboard during login on Windows 10. This sounds like a particular issue local to your particular install of Windows 10.

I would recommend you heading on over to the Manufacturer website where they post the drivers for your laptop in their support section. If you need help locating the link, register for an account and give us your make/model of your laptop, and we'll see what we can find for you.

I would recommend locating drivers specific to Windows 10 for that laptop, and installing all those drivers. Get the chipset drivers, video drivers, USB drivers, etc. If your keyboard doesn't start working after reinstalling those drivers, then you may need to speak with someone in the support department for that manufacturer.

There are a few laptop manufacturers who have listed specific models of their laptops as not being ready for Windows 10, and they warn their users not to upgrade those specific models. We may want to check against that list as well.

Please come back and let us know if this was able to resolve your issue! And, if not, what else we can do to help! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital