Why top windows phones are still NOT better than basic android mobiles ?

Ashu Ashok

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
[India] I brought lumia 730 last year and running latest windows 10 update. All of us want to have a JIO SIM so that we can enjoy unlimited 4G till 31st December 2016. They announced that everyone will get free 4G till 31st December 2016. As per requirement this offer can be availed with Android Phone only. But with some easy tricks even 3G android users also can avail this offer by changing network bands. This can be done from basic 3G android handset to high end mobiles. But we (windows phone users) dont have any options like this. I agree it is secured OS but see in android we can get 4G mobile from 4k onwards, but in windows the only few are LTE and that too expensive. I don't think future updates will will not enable LTE. Hence i want to switch from windows to Android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
[India] I brought lumia 730 last year and running latest windows 10 update. All of us want to have a JIO SIM so that we can enjoy unlimited 4G till 31st December 2016. They announced that everyone will get free 4G till 31st December 2016. As per requirement this offer can be availed with Android Phone only. But with some easy tricks even 3G android users also can avail this offer by changing network bands. This can be done from basic 3G android handset to high end mobiles. But we (windows phone users) dont have any options like this. I agree it is secured OS but see in android we can get 4G mobile from 4k onwards, but in windows the only few are LTE and that too expensive. I don't think future updates will will not enable LTE. Hence i want to switch from windows to Android

I'm not in India though I have heard of the Jio offer

My understanding is that you can still get the SIM from the store without having to go through the offer - have you tried that?
According to the specs for the 730, it does not have LTE or 4G. The lumia 735 does have it

Ashu Ashok

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm not in India though I have heard of the Jio offer

My understanding is that you can still get the SIM from the store without having to go through the offer - have you tried that?
According to the specs for the 730, it does not have LTE or 4G. The lumia 735 does have it

Yes i can get the sim by generating code using an android mobile. My question is why Nokia/Ms can't make 4G mobiles in affordable prices and why they can't provide updates to modify the network settings like android

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes i can get the sim by generating code using an android mobile. My question is why Nokia/Ms can't make 4G mobiles in affordable prices and why they can't provide updates to modify the network settings like android

The 730 was released 2 years ago. The lumia 640 is cheaper and has LTE
In the last 2 years Nokia stopped producing phones while Microsoft has only released 4 mobiles and is not expected to release any more this year.
Why have they stopped producing? Demand has been reducing, windows mobile needs to find that demand.

The lumia 640 can be said to be affordable, but in some countries like India, the tax system makes them expensive. In my country, it now costs 130USD for the 4G version. I'm sure it costs maybe 180USD in India

Those cheap android phones are most likely made with lower specs or cheaper material and cheaper design - such that they don't last long. Camera quality is really low, screen cracks at the smallest hit, phones slows down over time, lagging, etc

the lumia 550 is the cheapest 4G phone - I believe it can be found in India at 7500 rupees - and you still get the great quality of windows.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft has always released two variants fo each handset, one being the regular 3g and other being marketed as LTE behind the model number. The 730 and 735 are both similar in specs with only a few minor differences such as the 730 is Dual Sim and 735 supported 4G LTE. The lack of customer knowledge and more publicity of non LTE devices leads to people buying th egeneric device without having the knowledge that they could choose between an LTE or 3g version of the same device.

As already mentioned by chintan Microsoft has been hit by the low demands for the windows phone, which is the reason they have Not brought a wide range of devices and have also not been able to convince local manufacturers in India to launch devices with windows phone.Many OEMs in india provide cheap 4g devices with android because that is where all the demand is..

All i can advice you is to invest in an cheap android device like karbonn or intex for 2-3000 rs with 4g LTE , i cant confirm you will eventually even out your investment on this new android device but yes you will save a lot on internet recharges if you are a heavy user. :)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Save your self the headache..... buy an android!

Aravind Belagaje

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I don't think any update can convert a mobile from 3g to 4g hardware is required for that. And another thing you will be knowing that the mobile doesn't have 4g module then why you wish to buy that if you want a 4g phone.
About apps windows phone is installed only about 2% of mobiles in world so normally developers and companys are less interested to develop apps (company should keep a separate team for windows phone which costs more then income from sometimes). It is like a loop if more devices more apps. So leaving windows platform just like that is not good since Microsoft is pushing many updates and improvements windows can come up but it is not for sure

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinealguardians