Will gaming ruin your Surface Pro 3??

cygnus11

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does gaming ruin your PC

No. Running games is just like running any other cpu/gpu intensive application. Games probably stress the processors more than most other application, but they themselves will not "ruin" a PC. I maintain a few gaming PCs in my house and they see a ton of use from myself and my kids. I have never had any problems with these PCs.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

No. Running games is just like running any other cpu/gpu intensive application. Games probably stress the processors more than most other application, but they themselves will not "ruin" a PC. I maintain a few gaming PCs in my house and they see a ton of use from myself and my kids. I have never had any problems with these PCs.

Would you say an i3 processor be at least ok?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Depends on what game you're playing. An i3 would play most games on low to mid when combined with an above average graphics card, and I don't mean the Intel onboard graphics.

Also to answer your first question, yes heavy gaming does not ruin hardware but really uses it to its extent (again depends on the game). The most it would definitely affect is the read cycles on an SSD drive. Since most SSDs are rated for only a limited number (number varies from manufacturer and silicon used) of R/W cycles its always advisable to install games on a non SSD-drive. Or atleast have a backup of the content on the SSD drives. I usually prefer having high RPM HDDs in RAID0 configuration for gaming and a dedicated mSATA/SSD for OS. Still old school. Some may actually prefer exactly the opposite I have said till now.

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Would you say an i3 processor be at least ok?

For now its okay but if you are not planning on upgrading your system then go for an i5 or i7 as the future games(requires 4 or more core) are more CPU intense so try on getting an i5 or higher skip i3 series

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not a hardcore PC gamer, but I just wanted to know this as I may want to start emulating some N54, or Gamecube games, and didn't want to do it if it would result in a slowed down, messed up Surface, as I depend on this device for so much.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I just had the feeling that it would be similar to "pushing a horse way too hard". Making it do labor it wasn't meant to do, which damages the horse. Making it for the rest of it's life weak, and slow. If that makes sense :amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wasifl