Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - hardware faulty or not?

sew333

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
Eh getting weird problem with Windows 10 Pro.

So few days ago when i ran memtest few hours without error, but after finished test i reboot pc and Automatiic repair started before windows. Is this something with memory ? Memory trigger that error? Or it is software issue? Coincidence ?

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem occurs only when starting system again after shutdown.

My disk is Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD. I run HD TUNE but no errors and CrystalDiskInfo Smart is fine 100% GOOD. Rams are 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhhz.

Memtest86 not showing errors.

So its a hardware related or not? What you think about it ? Thx for answer.

jamesdentok

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello Sew333,

Please let me know if you had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from a previous OS or it's out of box. If its upgrade, make sure that all the drivers are up to date. Also check with the computer manufacturer for BIOS update. Once you update all the drivers and update the BIOS, this should be fixed.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
JD | Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider
Office 365 Cloud- Free Migration, Support, Trial

sew333

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Listen again. So i think its related to changing boot priority in UEFI/BIOS.

Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows. But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
4790k stock
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with standard bios:
On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra