Windows 10 Mobile - Media Sharing Question

erichunt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried out the Insider builds a few months back? but found a few things missing feature wise that I could not live without. Can anyone tell me if the following is present in the latest build?

- Attach a video or picture to an email and have it auto-compress the media?

In Windows 8.1 Mobile I can take a short video (at whatever setting), share it to Outlook, and it will auto-compress when attaching to the message. While a very very small feature, I use it daily at work and found the lack of this in Windows 10 unbearable. I just didn?t have a suitable alternative and with OneDrive syncing being spotty? I couldn't wait for it to unreliably upload and then share a link. I would prefer to send an actual file anyways.

Thanks!

peter718nyc

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I have the latest build with Lumia ICON and same problem when attaching video or picture. It doesn't resize it. It is big problem for me. I can attach only 1 photo at time, because of its size (approx. 8-10 MB).
There should be option to resize picture to small, medium and large or keep full size.

erichunt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
The only native way to handle it is to shoot the video in the smaller, lower quality format. Aside from that I have actually found a great app in the store called "Video Compressor" which can resize videos to whatever size you'd like. Pretty robust and it has a free version too, although I bought the pro version to have a little more granular control.

ausidog

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Video compression was horrible in WP8.1, and it limited the length severely. My go-to solution has always been, and continues to be, sending links to videos from within the OneDrive app. It plays the video on any device, auto-adjusts quality for the viewer's connection speed, and works for any length video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corin