Windows 10-Windows Update stuck, how to fix it?

Ryzzlle

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10-Windows Update stuck, how to fix it

I downloaded Windows 10 only my PC yesterday, and I'm glad it's working very well for it just like on my tablet.
However, earlier today I noticed that it started updating some things on the side, so I let it run its course. But now it's been stuck on 59% for a pretty long while. It got stuck on a few other percentages before but I figured it was part of the update and they moved passed them after some time.
This time around, it's stopped on 59% and it says the update it waiting to install, but I cannot find any prompts for it to actually install.
Here are two little screenshots to show you all:
59%-59%.PNG
And the updates it's trying to install- TKNIww0.png

Any help to resolve this would be great, it's really a drain on my wifi and makes everything super slow.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows 10-Windows Update stuck, how to fix it

Have you tried typing the following in Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges?
wuauclt /updatenow

Also, have you tried restarting your PC?

The last update (Update for Windows 10 Version 1511...) is larger than normal and will really take some time before it is fully downloaded and can be installed.

Ryzzlle

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site

I don't know how using the Command Prompt works, whenever I put in that line you gave me it just goes down to the next line.

And yes, I tried restarting it a while ago to see if it would start installing like usual, but it didn't do anything.

Also, regarding the last update I think it's that it hasn't even started yet because the first update isn't finished.

Somerichs

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

I've a similar question. Got a new desktop for Xmas. HP Envy, with win 10 already loaded. Got it turned on and set up and ran the updates to get latest iteration. I have same exact issue as you, only mine was such at 12%. Like, for a loooong time. Longer than I'd have thought for regular install. Any suggestions?

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Mine was stuck at 59 % since a week. Finally gave up and manually downloaded the patch and updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babra4151