Windows Mobile And Bluetooth

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to get a consensus from the community regarding an issue that burns a hole in my britches. Now I'm not sure if this is a WM10 issue or if it dates back to 8.1, hence my query. Regardless of which WM10 device I'm using or have used, whenever my phone is connected to a BT device, any notification sounds are muted. Whether it be my car's stereo, my speaker bar or even my Band 2, any email, text or phone call that comes in is silent on the phone. I don't have any 8.1 phones at my disposal so I'd like to see if anybody can notice what happens and share your experiences.

I'm very sure this is a Microsoft problem since it's happened with my present-day Idol 4S and my previous 950, 950 XL. It was also problematic with my 1520, HTC One M8, Ativ SE and even my 640 and 640 XL when they were all on WM10. I'm thinking it's the newer BT stack on the phone and my other peripherals because, get this, everything works perfectly when connected to my HP Touchpad. If I get a phone call, both devices ring. Same goes for texts, emails and Skype calls. Both devices go off!!!! Argh!!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah to all.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Just to clarify, when your phone is connected to a external Bluetooth audio device, you get a text or call or email, you want both the external audio device AND the phone to chime/ring at the same time?

I have never seen this feature on any of my devices I've owned. It always chimes on the bluetooth external audio device only.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, when your phone is connected to a external Bluetooth audio device, you get a text or call or email, you want both the external audio device AND the phone to chime/ring at the same time?

I have never seen this feature on any of my devices I've owned. It always chimes on the bluetooth external audio device only.
I have custom ringtones for most of my contacts and email services. I like knowing who's calling and whether it's my work or personal email alerting me. My BlackBerry and Pre 3 as well as previous iPhones and Android devices all audibly notify me whether or not I'm connected. WM10 is the only OS that fails to do so.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I have custom ringtones for most of my contacts and email services. I like knowing who's calling and whether it's my work or personal email alerting me. My BlackBerry and Pre 3 as well as previous iPhones and Android devices all audibly notify me whether or not I'm connected. WM10 is the only OS that fails to do so.

It's been awhile since I used my windows phone, but doesn't Cortana tell you in your Bluetooth who's calling or if you've received an email/text etc ? I know my wife's 8.1 does it... don't remember if my windows 10 did or not.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's been awhile since I used my windows phone, but doesn't Cortana tell you in your Bluetooth who's calling or if you've received an email/text etc ? I know my wife's 8.1 does it... don't remember if my windows 10 did or not.
It will read your texts out loud if you choose to in Cortana settings. WP always did that and now it's incorporated into Cortana, but I'm almost sure the notification sounds came through regardless on WP8 and maybe 8.1.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
With my Icon Bluetooth connected, it will notify me both with the phone and Bluetooth device with a voice call but not texts or emails :confused: I have never found the settings for this.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
With my Icon Bluetooth connected, it will notify me both with the phone and Bluetooth device with a voice call but not texts or emails :confused: I have never found the settings for this.
Are you on 10 or 8/8.1?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
On W10M for awhile now, but it worked the same on 8.1.
I wasn't 100% sure if the issue preceded 10 or not. Microsoft needs to pay a little attention to Bluetooth especially if hands-free is being touted as the"safer" alternative to texting and driving. It's bad enough that you can't disable auto-answer when connected to the car, you have to physically pick up the damned thing to see if anything important has come in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deryl McCarty