Windows Phone 8 Core details missing

RussST24

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I think MS did a nice job today with the presentation, but it lacked for me some of the more technical stuff.
I hope they have solved a few basics (please let me know if can answer any of these).

Bluetooth audio support for video?
VPN support?
EAP-FAST Wifi support?

Looks like the missed out on some simple wins too.

List of toast notifications (even in an app would do)
Call accept/decline with message or reminder to call back

Just a few that jumped out at me.

Going to get the HTC 8x!

Russ

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I think MS did a nice job today with the presentation, but it lacked for me some of the more technical stuff.
I hope they have solved a few basics (please let me know if can answer any of these).

Bluetooth audio support for video?
VPN support?
EAP-FAST Wifi support?

Looks like the missed out on some simple wins too.

List of toast notifications (even in an app would do)
Call accept/decline with message or reminder to call back

Just a few that jumped out at me.

Going to get the HTC 8x!

Russ

Like 5% of the people watching the event would even care about these features. No reason to talk about them at a presser.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
If someone is watching a live event of a phone OS, I'm pretty sure they are pretty interested in the tech specs.

It's not about the people watching it though. It's about the people that are then relayed the information. The general public does not care about these things. And the people at the event and watching is live from home are just allowed to do so to spread the information.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What?
It's not about the people watching it though. It's about the people that are then relayed the information. The general public does not care about these things. And the people at the event and watching is live from home are just allowed to do so to spread the information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wasifl