wired earbud controls?

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
All my wired earbuds have 3 buttons, 2 for volume up/down, and a multipurpose button, generally for pause/resume and skipping ahead.

On my Lumia 640 and Android phones, this 3rd button can be double-tapped to cause my podcast app(s) to skip ahead 30 seconds, or whatever the app is designed for. However, I can't make it work on my 950. Double-tap results in a rapid pause-then-resume, or just a pause.

I've tried 2 different headsets and 2 different podcast apps with the same result.

Any setting I need to change on my 950? Anyone else having better luck?

(BTW, I've been using my 950 for a couple weeks and love it. Much better battery endurance than my Nexus 5X, no hangs, resets or other seriously odd behavior. Just my input to balance all the negative vibes I'm seeing this week! :wink:)

Cruachan 11

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
Double-tap for next track DOES work for me on my 950 with Groove, but it's erratic. A double-tap as you would expect to do it usually results in pause and resume like you said, if you do it more slowly it usually works IME.

I use either a Nokia headset (one button, came with my 925) or the 3 button HTC headset that came with a Mozart, both work but a quick double-tap doesn't do what you would expect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit