Wireless charger promo for phone orders

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. How are people who ordered through customer service on the phone going about getting their wireless chargers?

I ordered 2 920s for both lines of my family plan by calling 611. I was able to get exception upgrades from our 900s and the activation fees waived. I asked the phone rep about the wireless chargers, but she didn't have any info and I already felt lucky getting early upgrades, so I didn't push it.

Has anyone just had theirs show up even though it wasn't listed in the order with the phone? My red 920 arrived on the 14th. I have called customer service twice since and gotten reps who had no idea about the charger promo. The last rep told me the line it says on AT&T's site: "The included Nokia Wireless Charging Plate will ship at a later date." He told me to call back in a few days if I haven't received anything, which I think was just to get me off the phone.

I am thinking about going to a store and seeing if they can order them for us, but I'm worried they will tell us to call customer service since we ordered through them.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
It has to be ordered alongside the phone to "be received at a later date", so call back and get someone to order them for you. If they won't, speak to cancellations, as they usually get stuff done. "No, I'm not looking to cancel but Sales doesn't seem to know what they're doing, please help me" etc

buMv2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email and also didn't receive a confirmation notice about the promo chargers. When I called they said they had it on file but still waiting on inventory. They told me the order number is usually your order number with a -1 so IE: 123456 is your order number, the charger would be 123456-1.

Try to see if shipping dept has it on file.

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I got the same email and also didn't receive a confirmation notice about the promo chargers. When I called they said they had it on file but still waiting on inventory. They told me the order number is usually your order number with a -1 so IE: 123456 is your order number, the charger would be 123456-1.

Try to see if shipping dept has it on file.

I tried this using both the equipment order number and the shipping order number in the e-mail I got from AT&T for the phones, but nothing comes up with either one.

I might try calling customer service one more time before going to a store. I was worried that the rep needed to add the charger to the phone order and just didn't know how to do it.

Has anyone who ordered their phone and charger though customer service received the charger yet?

kevinxb

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
We went to a store last night and they could not order the charger since we didn't buy the phone in-store. The guy was helpful and tried to get someone on the "store customer service" line to help us, who had no clue. I ended up calling 611 again after we left and got someone who looked into the promo and was able to order the chargers for us. He had to have a manager override the price and he shipped them for free. Now just waiting for a tracking number!

wpnokia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm beginning to believe that the charger will not ship until you are out of your 14 day return window. When they deem you essentially stuck with the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz