Wireless charging failed

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Been using my 830 for a few months with an Energizer charger and today wireless charging has stopped working entirely, even with a Nokia DT 900. Anyone else had this happen? Tried removing the battery and cleaning the contacts but didn't help.

Only thing of note is that for some reason the 830 always had a strange pulsing sound only when used with the Energizer charger, so maybe that has damaged it somehow.

Claus Gohring

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I have the same problem. Seems like the charging works for a while after the phone is put on the charger but then it turns off. I wake up to a phone with 49% battery.

This only started last week after the 10.0.10586.164 update.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for you update, mine mysteriously started working again with the Nokia charger so I'm going to avoid the energizer for now. Also I'm on WP 8.1 so maybe not the same issue as you have.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I suggest that the Energizer charger has confused the battery charge calibration and that it will take a few cycle of wireless charging to return it to normal?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I suggest that the Energizer charger has confused the battery charge calibration and that it will take a few cycle of wireless charging to return it to normal?

Who knows, it worked fine with all my previous Lumia's but from the start the 830 had the strange sound when it was charging. Some kind of interaction that wasnt present on any other devices I used with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di