Wow! A new 2018-02-02 dated 1520 battery

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Extremely delighted! Back in the first half of March, I ordered a new battery for my Lumia 1520 from ebay. The photo on ebay showed a date of 2017 on the battery, where as most battery photos on ebay show 2014 / 2015, so I felt fortunate to find a newer battery.

To my surprise, the battery just arrived and has a 2018-02-02 date. As long as it didn't suffer from shipping across the world in cold temperature, my Lumia 1520 should now get a second life for years to come.

Looking forward to performing surgery on my phone. Hopefully the operation will be a success.

I love my Lumia 1520 & Windows Phone 8.1. :excited:

Edit:

Forgot to mention that I find it really interesting that Lumia 1520 batteries are still being produced. Does anyone know of a more recent Nokia product which uses these batteries? Maybe that explains it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would sooner believe you just got a quality third-party battery honestly but that's my take. That it's recently manufactured is promising and I'm happy that someone out there is still making them for a relatively obscure phone.

Hopefully its not a reprint.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, just finished my first ever "surgery" on a phone. Appeared to have successfully replaced the battery in my Lumia 1520. Phone appears to be working and is currently charging. We'll see if it charges to 100% or caps at 80% like other people have posted about.

There is a difference in the look of the original battery and new battery. Will post pics after phone charges and I snap a shot of the original. Original is glossy black, new is matte black. The ribbon cable looks identical and appears to be genuine OEM though. So either it's a knock off of OEM battery, or slight manufacturing change over the years.

My 1520 had the original style battery adhesive, so it was a slow, long process with lots of heat gun use. Looked like the crazy strong 3m double sided tape, 4 or 5 "chicklet" sized pieces. My solution (different from what I've seen on YouTube) was to stick a plastic rod under the battery and rotate it, rolling up the adhesive to the plastic rod.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Happy to announce that the phone charged to 100% last night (no getting stuck at 80%). Overnight, it only fell to 95%, where as with my original battery in it's current state, would have fallen to 20% or lower.

When I first got my Lumia 1520, the battery used to last over 2 days. For the last few months, I was barely getting 5-8 hours depending on use. Video recording would shut down the phone after 7 minutes of recording. Now I should be able to fearlessly record again (pending storage space).

The new battery has been a success!! I still need to post photos of the old and new batteries. :p

The new battery has apparently remedied the issues of my light sensor, gyroscope, and proximity sensor stopping to function until rebooted, then stopping to function again a short while later.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for this. It's great to see manufacturers that realize not everyone wants to move to phones with glass bodies, 18:9 ratio, notch, no headphone jack and no card slot.

EDIT: I notice that the battery is coming out of Shenzhen, China. This is usually an area of concern, given the number of counterfeits that tend to come out of China. That's not to say that the Chinese never make genuine products, but just something to be aware of.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788