WP8 is not stable... rushed to market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
The personal insults and name calling in this thread is getting out of hand, no more past this post or infractions will be handed out. Consider this a warning to everyone.

As to the topic at hand the general rule when buying a new phone is to always hard reset it before use. Most of the WP8 issues seem to be caused by the Skype beta app and poorly coded WP7 apps.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my 920 for 3 days, but I've had absolutely no problems with the phone or software. Angry Birds Star Wars froze for about 15 seconds one time...otherwise everything has been gravy.

jrdfox

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I also have a Lumina 920 and have had it since launch and I love the dang thing. I have had just about every phone out there including iPhone 4s and 5 and I personally think that this is one of the best phones on the market to date.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I work for Verizon Wireless marketing department and the LTE activation failure has nothing to do with the phone. It's common problem with any phone or platform. You probably tried to activate the phone before your service was activate it. I am a windows fan but I have to agree with the original OP Unfortunately so far windows phone has not even met Verizon initial quota. I am hoping with the second wave of windows phone in late February, March WP will gain momentum or at least in terms of Verizon it will have the same faith as WP7

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
After reading the thread, I have to say it's sad that the app that was messing it up was Skype. I expected better from a company Microsoft bought.

I'm not really that surprised to be honest. Skype is still pretty much beta on WP8 at this point. Same can be said for several other apps. It might take an update or two for the developers to get it right.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The OS is stable. There are some issues with the WP8 hardware and the OS itself is missing a few things and other things are flat out crappy (e.g. music management with desktop), but "unstable" is NOT how I would describe WP8.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Lee, I have thick skin so I can take it. I just call it like I see it. My daughter is coming from a touch screen feature phone & Ipod. She actually had to earn her way to a smart phone by maintaing her GPA & doing her chores etc...

This is pretty standard stuff with a new phone. First adopters always take the hit. Some of these phones will have bugs and be lemons. Sounds like your daughter got a **** phone. Replace it.

RyanR47

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Last 3 years mobile out of the box initial experience

iPhone 4 -> antenna problem

iPhone 4S -> no issue

Galaxy Nexus -> 2G/3G switch caused volume to mute

Lumia 800 -> screen total blank in during calls

Lumia 900 -> purple color with adaptive brightness

iPhone 5 -> no issue

HTC 8X -> random resets

Lumia 920 -> stuck at Nokia logo upon first boot; was bricked

Not a ****** and no loyalty with any brand; will buy anything thats good and suits me.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
No problem a with my 8X, you most likely have a dud or an iPhone loving girl which isn't bad. She most likely just wants an iPhone. If she really wants a windows phone, then return for another one or switch to 8X. When I went to my Tmobile store they told me they had over 30 returned 810's since launch because it was really buggy and force closed alot of apps, but the 8X was fine. So, I got the 8X.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124