xbox music vs zune

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
guys dont you think microsoft should create a zune app for its windows phones so that windows phone user can have the option to use either zune or xbox music? i own i zune and its the best mp3 player i have ever own. the UI is just beautiful and how i wished microsoft could look into having this as an app in its windows store.Personally i dont like xbox music, it lags and very frustrating using it

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
As much as I agree with Zunes being great mp3 players, the brand itself is the reason it was faded out. Don't forget that the Zune HD interface inspired WPs entire layout. Xbox has a successful entertainment brand reputation going for it. It made sense to switch to to Xbox branding for their music services to encourage a sense of unity, make services less confusing (multiple brand names for services makes it seem broken), and to shake off the bad press.

Make no mistake that Zune lives on in functionality and design even if the name is dead.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ironically, I had been thinking about buying an iPod Touch to get the "Complete XBOX Music experience." However, I just realized that sure, I can have that cloud syncing of playlists and music, but there's about 30% of my music that is not in the cloud. So, for now at least, my ZUNE HD is still the best option for my needs :smile:

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I just prefer Zune. Xbox music being Microsoft future is going to be a mess of they don't fix it and make it run as smooth as the Zune. Zune is awesome

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Zune isn't supported any more , Xbox music is the future for Microsoft :D

I prefer ZUNE. The ZUNE PC desktop software is still functioning as a desktop media software. It works stand alone and with the ZUNE devices and Windows Phone 7 AND it is connected with the Xbox Music and Video services. For example, I purchase movies on my Xbox and they show up on the ZUNE PC desktop music software for viewing.

As for the future, I wish we could move forward with the best of the past: ZUNE features and UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cara.di