You know you are excited for WP 8 when...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
October, maybe November, certainly by December.

That is when WP8 hits the ground. The cross-ecosystem WP that Microsoft has been planning for, and the one all WP fans from the pre-NoDo (God Bless you all!!) fans to the recent Nokia converts have been waiting for. Considering that just 3 months ago, I was so happy with my Focus S that I wasn't even remotely worried about it, I find it amazing I am now scrounging sites galore looking for hints as to what Samsung and Nokia will bring to the carriers, especially since HTC has already announced theirs.

Matter of a fact, that is when I realized I was excited for WP 8. When I started mining for information on new phones with true excitement, even though I am happy with mine. I know I can't be the only one!!

So, WP Central, tell us: You know you are excited for WP 8 when.....

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
You'll need to wait for the new phone s dude. Until September the latest. You'll be shocked how Gud they are :-D especially pureview.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
You know you are excited for WP 8 when almost every day you search the terms ""Windows Phone 8" "Verizon" "Nokia"" even after hitting wpcentral for your daily fix.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
...you get people around you interested because whenever they're around you they just feel the enthusiasm oozing out your pores.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
...you get people around you interested because whenever they're around you they just feel the enthusiasm oozing out your pores.
Which is contagious, by the way. Shocks me how many of my friends ask me what is new in my "cell phone news" just because they have fun listening to me ramble!!!

Wacft

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
You know you are excited for WP 8 when almost every day you search the terms ""Windows Phone 8" "Verizon" "Nokia"" even after hitting wpcentral for your daily fix.

agreed lol. I was really bad at this when wp7 was gearing up for its release and I wanted an Asus phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
when you are tired of the idling arguments about what updates are going to bring what. In the end, you want those vocal people to finally be silent.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
when you are tired of the idling arguments about what updates are going to bring what. In the end, you want those vocal people to finally be silent.
Preach to the Choir, cckgz4.... Preach to the choir!!! We will listen, nod our heads, and we all say: A-MEN!!!!!!

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with my Galaxy S III but even after having it for less than a week, I'm keeping my ear to the ground trying to get more information about Verizon WP8 phones. I just had to get rid of my iPhone (personal objections to Apple's business practices) and am using the Galaxy as something to tide me over until WP8 launches. I'll be happy to go back to an OS that doesn't depend on the carriers for update releases and I'll gladly pay full retail to do so.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not really that excited about WP8.

I'm excited about new phones and apps. Until I actually see some new phones, what they look like etc.

When I actually see some cool WP8 phones and see WP8 and WP8 apps do something really cool that I can't do now, that's when I'll start to get excited. For now it's just kind of like thinking about next Christmas when it's only January. I just got my first WP a few months ago and the newness of that hasn't even had time to wear off yet.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
i am excited for the wallet hub. even though i am a minor i can still open up a checking account with a cash card at wells fargo and combine it with the wallet. or better yet just use the prepaid option if included. i wonder if this will still all work with a straight talk sim card even though its not secure. i will have to see about that.

also a NOKIA windows phone 8 phone would go great with some ikea furniture in my bedroom

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
i just keep hitting refresh on the wpcentral homepage these last few weeks... can't they release more info soon or release wp8 in aug instead? :p

anon(5344611)

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
When you're anxiously waiting for the SDK to release, so you can start rewriting your app just to get a hang of new APIs, live tile sizes and controls.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
..... you sat through the ENTIRE Microsoft Office 13 announcement just to see how it would click with your future Phone.

LOVE MS Office. And it is all touchscreen optimized.....

:-D

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im really exited about WP8 as well :0 cant wait

Ive been with WP sints launch day and became a member of this forum site 1/2 months later :)

still on my original FOCUS rev 1,.3 ( ROLF ) and cant wait for my new WP8 this Fall!!

specially the gutter less UI! :blush: :happy:

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not upgrading for a while but I can't wait for wp8. I'm even excited about the new start scree on wp7.8!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Flan Tamarind

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yikes. I'm excited but cautious. I try not to ruin things by building silly expectations and having them ruined. Not that WP8 won't be earth shattering for WP fans, I simply prefer to only troll this site for WP specific news.

Being a T-Mobile customer, fellow T-Mobilites can understand my frustation with our carrier. While I have a Radar and am enjoying it, I'm pissed that we didnt get the good Lumias and instead got the middling 710. The benefit of this of course is that when my upgrade comes up this fall I'll be able to HOPEFULLY get a SWEET *** PUREVIEW. Or maybe a Zenith. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander