Windows 10 Phone People App Search - TOO SLOW?

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Please note: Its not a RANT.

Hello There,

I have a Lumia 930 & I am on the Fast Ring of Insiders. Going to get a Lumia 950 soon & I am MS Fan.

When I try to call someone by going to the Phone-->Go to Contacts Lists-->Search for a name, it takes a few seconds to load with the results, I mean its not that instant. Its not the same case with other OS's and even 8.1 was good(Correct me if I am wrong)

I am a Developer and something like this is not very promising which I believe is the most obvious thing/requirement(If its happening to everyone).

And I kind of like a Full Photo of the Contact when someone is calling and when it is answered, it can be round or smaller one which is now but just my thought as it might look good when the image of the contact is displayed when its ringing/calling(My Thought)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Please note: Its not a RANT.

Hello There,

I have a Lumia 930 & I am on the Fast Ring of Insiders. Going to get a Lumia 950 soon & I am MS Fan.

When I try to call someone by going to the Phone-->Go to Contacts Lists-->Search for a name, it takes a few seconds to load with the results, I mean its not that instant. Its not the same case with other OS's and even 8.1 was good(Correct me if I am wrong)

I am a Developer and something like this is not very promising which I believe is the most obvious thing/requirement(If its happening to everyone).

And I kind of like a Full Photo of the Contact when someone is calling and when it is answered, it can be round or smaller one which is now but just my thought as it might look good when the image of the contact is displayed when its ringing/calling(My Thought)

Post in Windows 10 mobile insider, not here. Anyway, I tried it now on my 650 (fast ring too) and I don't got any delay. As just I type a letter, results appear (I got about less than 100 contacts, maybe it depends on that)
Try a soft reset.

About round people tile, it's a Win10 trademark - awful - .
I preferred so much the old square and full screen pics in 8.1, but we are leaving feedbacks and nothing changed. Win10 is rounded, Win 8.1 was squared.

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Post in Windows 10 mobile insider, not here. Anyway, I tried it now on my 650 (fast ring too) and I don't got any delay. As just I type a letter, results appear (I got about less than 100 contacts, maybe it depends on that)
Try a soft reset.

About round people tile, it's a Win10 trademark - awful - .
I preferred so much the old square and full screen pics in 8.1, but we are leaving feedbacks and nothing changed. Win10 is rounded, Win 8.1 was squared.

In the search, I actual go to Phone dail app, then check the recent call lists and after that you have the contacts icon(in the middle), hit it and then try to search, at this point, the search lags for me. Not through the default contacts lists app, sorry should have been specific.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi