Windows 10 mobile mail hangs when trying to send new mail with + widget. blue dots?

John D Griffith

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile mail hangs when trying to send new mail with "+" widget. blue dots.

Hi All,

I've had a problem with mail on my Lumia 950XL running the non-insider Windows 10 mobile for a few days now. I can receive and reply to email without any difficulty. I can share photos via email using the photo app without any difficulty. However, I have lost the ability to send new messages by using the "+" widget at the bottom of the mail client. When I do this, the application just hangs and I get blue dots running across the top of the screen. I've let it sit like this overnight on charge and wifi to no avail.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? The email account is also my Microsoft account. Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile mail hangs when trying to send new mail with "+" widget. blue dots.

Hi All,

I've had a problem with mail on my Lumia 950XL running the non-insider Windows 10 mobile for a few days now. I can receive and reply to email without any difficulty. I can share photos via email using the photo app without any difficulty. However, I have lost the ability to send new messages by using the "+" widget at the bottom of the mail client. When I do this, the application just hangs and I get blue dots running across the top of the screen. I've let it sit like this overnight on charge and wifi to no avail.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? The email account is also my Microsoft account. Thanks in advance.

check if there is any update for mail app in the store

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 10 mobile mail hangs when trying to send new mail with "+" widget. blue dots.

I have the same issue. But that doesn't ALWAYS happen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Both my 830 and 950XL on the fast ring

John D Griffith

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

Hi Chintan, Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked and there is no pending update for Outlook Mail for my phone.

oelapoel

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

it happens to mine too sometimes. what you can do is press BACK and go to DRAFT, and open the saved new file from draft. you can continue on from there. I believe its a bug.. Hope they fix it fast because its annoying

John D Griffith

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

Hi oelapoel, Thanks for this tip - this worked for me as well. Also, after I deleted all the empty draft emails, I was able to use the "+" widget normally

RBX27

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the tip. Mine's been doing this for the last 3 days on .318... Been driving me mad. It was fine before, don't know why it should suddenly start doing this? Thanks again.

dialedin2016

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I recommended the 950 to a client, having him switch from Android. It happens to him too, intermittently. He is less than thrilled :sweaty:

andrew_nik

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I faced with the problem with Outlook Mail since end of May 2016. It ssems very similar as topicstarter problem, but not exactly: I can not reply or forward mail from my Inbox - after typing only few words of reply it's ok, but if I type Back button on screen keyword then new e-mail get frozen.
The trick with Draft folder sometimes helps, but not always.
When I create new e-mail - there is no problem, all is going right way.
Feel very disappointed and frustrated... E-mail is primary communication tool for me, smooth work with e-mail is one of my primary needs for smartphone OS.
The Outllok Mail bugs accompanied by the fact that only one real alternative mail app - MetroMail - has been crashed and unusual these days too - see http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/373558-2.htm#post3503308

May be anybody knows right way to work with google mail on W10Mobile - or good alternative application, or any patch or tricks to work with Outlook Mail?

I use Gmail, Nokia 1520, Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.10586.420.
Both phone and all apps are up to date.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb