Does "cast to device" work?

andreqms

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, guys!

I'm a Windows Mobile user since the first Lumias came out. I've been using Windows 10 Mobile since the preview program.

But I never could see the "cast to device" feature working. Can someone please help me with that?

I have the Microsoft Wireless Adapter and it works for screen mirroring. I also use some apps with "cast" functions like the Awesome Tube and Unstream.

When I try to cast some video, I get the list of devices to choose from, but nothing happens when I touch one of them. I also tried "Cast to device" on Microsoft Edge on PC.. no Success either.

I think that's all. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

andreqms

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

Sorry, but what do you mean by "tap in"? O tap a device many times. The device becomes highlighted until I stop touching it. =/

boky69

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
re:

For photos and video phone and device must support DLNA protocol. Lumia play to app works fine with lumia 930. For cast youtube to DLNA device try Tubecast pro, pay version.
No free cost app on windows for youtube cast on device like chromecast.
On pc,graffic card must support miracast.
Instal Kodi on PC,and enjoy!

Perez5k

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
re:

I cast my movies to my TV. TV and phone must be on the same wifi. It is very easy to use with wifi on a smart tv.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
re:

what do you mean by "tap in"?
andreqms, I was interested in what the post would say in response to your question, I too wanted to know the answer(s) given, so I "tapped-in" to the thread so I could find, and follow easier. Sorry if I confused you, my apologies:)

Cheers!

andreqms

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re:

andreqms, I was interested in what the post would say in response to your question, I too wanted to know the answer(s) given, so I "tapped-in" to the thread so I could find, and follow easier. Sorry if I confused you, my apologies:)

Cheers!
hahahahahah No problem! But I still got no answer. I think the "cast to Device"
is just a broken feature. I tested with a lot of devices. Nothing works.

The developer of Awesome Tube said they tested with the Xbox and it works. Mine does not.

Thanks anyway! ^^

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I always use the "Connect" feature in action center, connect to a Miracast receiver (I tried my HTPC, a Miracast projector and a TV) and it worked just fine.

ananve

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I always use connect as well. It's easier for me that way. Never see the cast to device thing on my phone though. Will keep an eye on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon