Upgrade Advisor telling there's no w10 for l735

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
They are blocked. I am on a 640 that I just got off of the insider ring and was going to go to production build and I can download the app but it will not allow me to upgrade to W10M. So all of us who were running insider builds, helping MS, on officially supported W10M phones can no longer get W10M. F you MS. Seriously. That is BS. They used us as Guinea pigs and then took a crap on us. Now I have a phone that was running W10M for over a year and because I wanted to revert to the production build, I am now stuck on 8.1. Absolutely pathetic. I am done!!

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
just like last time, x20 phones were "supported" on TH2 but they are officially banned from any w10 build anyway, probably same thing here, you can stay on whatever build you were and thats it

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
They are blocked. I am on a 640 that I just got off of the insider ring and was going to go to production build and I can download the app but it will not allow me to upgrade to W10M. So all of us who were running insider builds, helping MS, on officially supported W10M phones can no longer get W10M. F you MS. Seriously. That is BS. They used us as Guinea pigs and then took a crap on us. Now I have a phone that was running W10M for over a year and because I wanted to revert to the production build, I am now stuck on 8.1. Absolutely pathetic. I am done!!

It is all the more frustrating for you as 640 is officially supported for CU and now you are not allowed to upgrade to Windows 10.
For other phones which were supported till AU , they should be allowed to upgrade till AU.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I think that Microsoft is in the process to separate AU supported phones from CU supported phones, and once they do it, Upgrade Advisor will start working normally.

But all this is worrying. Damn, and this stupid Microsoft not telling anything, and always hiding behind their Feedback Hub wall...

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's better we take a wait and see approach. The MSPU article was written based on assumptions.

Perhaps the Upgrade Advisor app is being updated from the server side in preparation for the Creator's Update rollout.

Last edited:

deabloem

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Happy Easter!

Yesterday I kept checking if Upgrade Advisor would work: No dice. But in the evening the Windows Insider finally kicked in, and I was able to install WM10 on Release Preview Ring. So my 640 is now running WM10 again. Currently in the process of installing AU.

I did check to see if Upgrade Advisor was available in the store, and it wasn't. So I think it has been removed from the WM10 store, but still available on 8.1 store.
Let's hope it is just blocked for now, or that WDRT comes with WM10 upgrade, so that supported phones can still upgrade to WM10 in the future if we ever need to do a reroll.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
We have been informed. They have been informing us for a long time by showing us there was no future. W10M is dead. Go to Donna Sarkar's twitter. The upgrade advisor has been stopped. Insider builds are limited to certain phones. Windows on Arm is next. But maybe we can all get yelled at some more for not wanting to support a new Windows Phone on a dead platform.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
You got this wrong. Just be patient, and soon we will learn what ask this is about.😉

billix44

Apr 16, 2017
Visit site
I just downloaded Windows Insider again, but haven't tried it yet. I guess release preview wouldn't be bad. Back to square one!

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
From last night (Central time US), I have not been unable to upgrade my L830 via Upgrade Advisor and also my L1020 via Windows Insider to W10M. I can confirm that both phones were eligible in the past. Looks like MS decided to pull support without announcing this in advance. They clearly communicate EOL dates on PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7), however, it seems they do not feel the need to give the same courtesy to Windows Mobile users.

Regardless of their reasoning, this is not a good business practice towards one's customer base. As much as I love the Windows Ecosystem, a Nokia flagship on Android is looking like a more viable option every day. At least HMD & Nokia appear interested in appeasing their customer base as has been demonstrated by their communication and marketing. I honestly cannot say the same for MS.

Last edited:

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 1020 hasn't been w10m eligible phone, though 830 has. 1020 only had w10m through insider.

Bit I agree with you regarding Microsoft. It has been two days since Upgrade Advisor stopped working, and they still haven't given any explanation.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that's his phone for business, so I haven't upgraded his phone to w10m, as I wanted him to have zero issues. Still, this isn't much a problem for him, as he doesn't use OneNote on any other device. He didn't even note the sync issue. Though this issue doesn't concern me much, it's going to be solved soon, but I'm more interested what's gonna be with this Upgrade Advisor not finding any w10m builds. I've tweeted to Dona if she knows something about that. I know it's not insider related issue, but hopefully we will get an answer.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 PC

Rinsun

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, that's his phone for business, so I haven't upgraded his phone to w10m, as I wanted him to have zero issues. Still, this isn't much a problem for him, as he doesn't use OneNote on any other device. He didn't even note the sync issue. Though this issue doesn't concern me much, it's going to be solved soon, but I'm more interested what's gonna be with this Upgrade Advisor not finding any w10m builds. I've tweeted to Dona if she knows something about that. I know it's not insider related issue, but hopefully we will get an answer.

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 PC

Let's see what her reply is.

DrChucky

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1020 hasn't been w10m eligible phone, though 830 has. 1020 only had w10m through insider.

Bit I agree with you regarding Microsoft. It has been two days since Upgrade Advisor stopped working, and they still haven't given any explanation.

Yes, I did mention the 1020 via Windows Insider. :wink: I wish I never reverted back to 8.1 for purposes of nostalgia. At the very least, MS could have made an announcement that they were going to change the ability of devices to install W10M production/insider builds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss