Windows 10 Multi Monitor Problem

-Dice-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

i just upgraded to Windows 10 and everything works fine so far. However, i ran in to one annoying problem:
Windows 10 let's you scale each monitor differently which was one of the reasons I upgraded instantly since I'm using a 25' 2k Monitor and a 24' 1900x1200 Monitor. On Windows 8 everything on my 2k Monitor was small but readable but with Windows 10 the icons in the task bar got smaller (everything else is the same) and are now too small for my eyes.

To fix that I scaled the 2k Monitor to 125% (which Windows also recommends) and everything looked perfect until I looked on my other monitor. Windows states that it's still scaled to the recommended 100% but everything exept Microsofts Apps gets blurry....

Option 1 right now is having the taskbar super small on the 2k and normal on the 1k
Option 2 is having the 2k perfectly sized and on bluriness on the 1k Monitor.

Do you have any advice for me or did you ran into the same Problem?

rocknrollme

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I have the exact same problem at work on my laptop, here's the setup :

- a 13" 1080p laptop monitor on one side
- a 22" 1680x1050 monitor as an extended desktop on the other side

Windows 10 kind of fixed the mess it was with Windows 8 since you can now handle both monitors separately, but still, only native Windows 10 apps seem to be displaying correctly when dragging them from the 1080p monitor to the extended one. Other apps like Google Chrome get blurry when I switch them from the high-res monitor to the other one. This also happens with PowerPoint 2007 and many other apps.

Surprisingly, it doesn't happen with all apps, some apps like Nitro Browser for example display just fine on both monitors.

Does anyone know what's the correct setup to have both screens working properly ?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes