How will I unenroll from the Windows Insider program once Win10 is released?

Barry Eckert

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I installed the Technical Preview of Windows 10 on an old desktop that is a spare machine. Because it is beta software, and also due to privacy concerns about text entry and so forth being captured to develop things like predicative text, I didn't put it on my laptop, my primary machine. I had enrolled in the Insider program to get the Win10 software, using my outlook.com address.

Now, I see that the Insider Program will remain in place after the release of Win10. However, I don't want to receive beta software after the release, nor do I want the potential loss of privacy that comes with it. Furthermore, I use the same MS account information on the laptop as I do on the desktop. I want to ensure that only a final version of Win10 is ever put on the laptop.

So, how will I un-enroll from the program, or at least exclude a machine from it?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
You should be able to do so from within the "Advanced" options of Windows Update. Currently there is a section which says "Choose how Preview Builds Are Installed", I'd say it's safe to say this option will become functional after RTM, allowing you to choose to opt out of Preview Builds / Updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon