Help! Local Administrator account missing after upgrading to 10240

Red River

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the win10 previous build for about two months. There were three accounts on the log in page, two local accounts (one Administrator one normal) and one windows account. The system was upgraded to build 10240 through the Administrator. But after it's done there are only two accounts left. The Administrator has gone missing.

There are a lot of software installed under the Administrator account. There are a lot of bookmarks, settings etc as well. So I always use the local Administrator account rather than the windows account. In fact I don't know how to transfer them onto the windows account. But now it's gone. Can anyone tell me how to restore it please?

Thanks.

JHawk111

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
First, let's see if it is just disabled. Try these steps under another admin account (probably your MS account that is enrolled in the preview).

1. In the search box/Cortana search for Computer Management
  2. On the left, select Local Users and Groups
  3. Select Users
  4. Does your missing account appear on this list (on the right) anywhere?
  5. If it does, right click on it and make sure the boxes for "Account is disabled" and "Account is locked out" are unchecked.

trinitytek

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happened to me, except the other account I never used and do not know its password, now I am locked out of my own machine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariaabsom