Mail and Calendar app keeping getting worse

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Mail and Calendar app keeps getting worse!!!

When I first upgraded my SP3 to Win10, the app worked fine. Not as good as the 8.1 app but it functioned. Sometime after that, the app has gone downhill fast. At one point, the app would just crash soon as I started switching from one email account to another. And now, none of my email accounts are working. The message reads that it's "out of date". I tried to delete and re-enter, but it still doesn't work. Very frustrated with this app.

At this point I am solely using BlackBerry Blend to view all my accounts in a unified inbox format. But I would like to figure this out.

Anyone else getting this Out of Date error message?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

Last edited:

jimc4

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I get this message on my HP Stream 7 tablet with windows10. I'll tap to open the mail app it will open then close open close open close and then the message. Very frustrating. I'm thinking about rolling the tablet back to 8.1. My HP laptop is more stable but the email experience is odd. I don't always see my responds or emails just sent.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my SP 3. When I turn on the SP 3, I get a notification that my outlook account settings are out of date. There is really nothing I can do to correct this except wait. It seems to correct itself most of the time but only after several minutes. There are many other people having the same issue. See this thread

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-of-date/14484a74-3825-4afc-9ef4-37959d7a8cfd

Every time I see the Mail app get updated I hope it fixes the problem but so far no fix.

2RBau

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Getting the same issue with email accounts on all my devices ... really frustrating.

Now on W10 mobile, since the latest update to Calendar the Live tile doesn't work & the Glance screen & Lock screen is not getting updated. This morning, it said "Monday. Father's Day. Australia" ... which of course was yesterday & this 'event' didn't get removed off either screen until I had launched the Calendar app

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Getting the same issue with email accounts on all my devices ... really frustrating.

Now on W10 mobile, since the latest update to Calendar the Live tile doesn't work & the Glance screen & Lock screen is not getting updated. This morning, it said "Monday. Father's Day. Australia" ... which of course was yesterday & this 'event' didn't get removed off either screen until I had launched the Calendar app

Everyday I click on update hoping they fix the app. Maybe tomorrow?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry Passport

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Same here all my computers are without Microsoft email now I had to use some other thing instead

its very strange MS dont give a monkeys about this as well :?)

madusmacus

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Another day of no emails
Another day of "your account is out of date"
Another day of no MS help

but seriously I have tried umpteen so called fixes
registry, winsock reset, timeserver changes,
local account then back to MS account, etc etc

but it always fails again :?(

strange thing is same account on my windows phone wp10preview seems to have finally stabilized and working (universal app)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes