After upgrading my Hp Laptop to Windows 10 build 10547 my laptop restarts randomly, how can I fix this?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

After upgrading my Hp Laptop to Windows 10 build 10547 my laptop restarts randomly

The error message is "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(i8042HDR.SYS)"

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: After upgrading my Hp Laptop to Windows 10 build 10547 my laptop restarts randomly

I've encountered that at least twice - it's the new BSOD. In my case, I was able to determine the problem - I've installed a version of a driver that is not compatible with my hardware, so the solution was to install a different driver version.

What was the last thing that you did before the error appeared? That will give you a hint as to what driver needs to be updated/downgraded.

You may create a Windows Central account to respond in this thread.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: After upgrading my Hp Laptop to Windows 10 build 10547 my laptop restarts randomly

And what's the model number of your laptop? (so others can solve their problems too)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077