Win 10 deleted files from another drive during install.

rickcarufel

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I just installed Win 10 and had backed up everything to a USB hard drive before doing so. Well it seems for some reason Win 10 removed my folder with all my work in it and also changed the folder and file permissions on that drive during installation. I talked to customer support and after spending an hour with tech support and not finding them, the person said it was impossible for Win 10 to do that and I was basically called a liar. So I'm wondering if anyone else had the same problem of win 10 altering or removing files on a drive it shouldn't even have been touching?

rickcarufel

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
It was an upgrade. I backed everything up on my H: drive. I did a system restore on my laptop and restored the computer to factory specs for win 7 home. After I realized the win build was 8 years old I decided to take the free offer to upgrade to 10. I had checked my H: drive after the restore and the files were all intact. I downloaded and installed win 10 . A few minutes later I went to open a file and the folder was gone. Later I tried to import my bookmarks that was in a bookmarks.html file. I imported it and was told it was successful. I opened my browser and the bookmarks were not there. I went to try it again and the bookmarks.html file was gone too. I checked the HD and there were no errors or bad sectors. The H: drive was fine but somehow folders and files have gone missing.

Last edited:

rickcarufel

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I also tried to do a restore of the H: drive to a previous version. I found two previous versions. Each time I try to restore the previous version it fails. They system either becomes non-responsive or just stops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani