Multiple monitors and OS remembering which apps were on which monitor

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Is there a way of making sp4/win10 remember which apps were on which screen when connecting to one or more external displays. Currently if I am connected to an external display and the sp4 goes to sleep or screen turns off for some reason, all the apps appear back on the sp4 and I have to re-arrange them again on my external monitors.

Is there a way around this? Known issue?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
umm...

I'm on 14393.321 on my sp4, if my sp4 goes to sleep after x minutes with the monitor connected, when I wake it up, I unlock the sp4 via windows hello and everything remains as it is.

If I disconnect the monitor and then reconnect it, well, then I have to set everything all over again.

Even if mysp4 goes to hibernate... Once I power it on with the monitor connected, it resumes as it was,

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
that's interesting, with me in the exact same scenario, all the apps move to the sp4 screen and I have to re-arrange everything again.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it makes a difference, but in taskbar settings, under "Multiple Displays" I have:

Show taskbar on all displays - On

Show taskbar buttons on - Taskbar where window is open

Combine buttons on other taskbars
- Always, hide labels

I'm not at my external monitor to check right now.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if it makes a difference, but in taskbar settings, under "Multiple Displays" I have:

Show taskbar on all displays - On

Show taskbar buttons on - Taskbar where window is open

Combine buttons on other taskbars
- Always, hide labels

I'm not at my external monitor to check right now.

refishafi

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site
On another thread it states that this is a known issue for WIN 10 on high res displays, and I am connecting the sp4 to 2 4k monitors, wonder if a fix is in the works for this as it is quite irritating

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon