windows 10 doesnt respond

pbffroller

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
o for the past month or so ive had this issue where i cant open windows taskmanager, or any other windows programs for that matter.
so when i try to either restart my pc or turn it off it will just be in a endless loop saying either "restarting" or "turning off"
and il have to do a hard reset.
2 weeks ago i reinstalled windows 10 but it seems the problem is still at hand.
i run sfc scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but neither found any faults

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Not sure this is close to being accurate but it sounds like the boot loader on the HD is either corrupted or gone bad.

Can you put the OS DVD or CD in the drive and boot from there. If it boots from the disc drive, your hard drive may be bad.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I got an evo 850 that randomly goes to 100% disk usage for no apparent reason, it lasts a few seconds, or for so long that all you can do is force a restart, same behavior as you described, processes on memory can still keep running but anything that tries to touch the ssd gets frozen

its just a bad ssd, and w10 with its insane background activity just makes it all the more visible, all you can do is replace it, I've seen more people with this same issue with samsung ssd but so far it seems to be a really tiny portion of users so no official response or fix

if you want to see it in action just keep the taskmanager open showing disk activity, when your pc stops responding just take a look and you will see it at 100% nonstop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon