Moving Microsoft account from googlemail

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Any help or advice appreciated:

I've had an MS account since the early days of xbox and never changed the primary email address which is a google one. Now all the devices i have being windows powered now i think it's time to change my main Live id as it used to be to an outlook email address.

I've created a new outlook email address, how can i change the main email as it appears on my microsoft account. Had looked at creating an alias but i had already created the new outlook account.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had an MS account since the early days of xbox and never changed the primary email address which is a google one. Now all the devices i have being windows powered now i think it's time to change my main Live id as it used to be to an outlook email address.

I've created a new outlook email address, how can i change the main email as it appears on my microsoft account. Had looked at creating an alias but i had already created the new outlook account.

I'm assuming here you want to keep the original MS account alive and just switch the email address. Here's what I think is the pertinent help page:

Use aliases to add email addresses to your account - Microsoft Windows Help

The problem is where did you create the new outlook.com email address. If you created <mynewemail>.outlook.com outside of the alias procedure above, <mynewemail>.outlook.com is a new MS account and you won't be able to join it as an alias to the google address. That means you now have 2 MS accounts. That's what I did wrong too. If so, then your option is to invent another outlook.com address within the alias procedures.

If you created <mynewemail>.outlook.com following the alias procedure, then you're good. The alias procedure has steps within to switch the primary email (your google email) to the new outlook address.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon