Features that can be utilized for POS application in Windows 8?

GoGetIt

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Features that can be utilized for POS application in Windows 8

Hi All,

I am bit new to Windows 8. I am working on a POS application (which again is new to me) and would like to use Windows 8 as the platform for the same (requirement). I am currently preparing the list of functionalities that are required and its possibility on Windows 8 for a POS app. Request you to help me with some pointers or inputs that I should consider and also its possibility on Windows 8

- Disable desktop mode completely: Would like to use the metro mode with tiles for the required POS apps. Hence user should be disabled from entering into desktop mode

- Disable users from unpinning and pinning the tiles in start screen

- Creation of custom tiles
-Disabling users from installing new apps from stores and uninstalling the exiting ones

Above is the list I have to start with. Need your help in getting if anything is missing ( I know there will be a lot) and also how these can be achieved in Windows 8 and above. Any pointers is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Features that can be utilized for POS application in Windows 8

I think you're in the wrong community for these kinds of development questions (most of the users here are consumers).

you're better off asking on a dedicated development community where they can best advise you. Sounds like you'll also need to investigate Group Policy in more detail as well.

Try http://technet.microsoft.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss