Visual Voicemail

rrojas

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if/when Microsoft will allow visual voicemail on the wp7? I use to have it on the iphone and it was very useful and time-saving. I was very disappointed to learn that to retrieve my vmails, I actually have to call into my vmail inbox and listen through the prompts.

I am using the Samsung Focus and I love it but the lack of visual vmail is a big oversight (IMHO).

Thank you.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There is a free app (You Mail) visual voicemail that I have on my Pre and it works well. It will also transcribe but you ahve to sign up for a paid service for the conversion to txt.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I DLed Go Voice(free) frm the marketplace the other day. I just now set up my # on Google. Made a test call and left myself a VM. It pushed me a text of my VM and also sent it to the Go Voice app. It transcribed 1 or 2 of my words incorrectly but none the less I felt it was close enough to keep using it.

onemadrssn

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
using google voice is annoying though. i do not want my number forwarding to google to forward it back to me. the engineer in me finds that very wrong on the principle: the less points of failure there are, the less likely something will go wrong.

what would prevent google from one day deciding to charge for this service? or simply turning it off? at least with a carrier you are in a contract with them for a certain service. with google, you have no assurance of quality, stability, or reliability at all. they might accidentally loose 10 of your voice mails one day and you wouldn't even have a customer service number to complain to.

my point is: i want a native visual voicemail client :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1