Mango dev beta

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
When will the devs get to start using mango for testing?? I think that would be sweet to go in with 3 people and try it out??

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how that would work with all three phones being linked to one account, besides that I think that we will see it a few months before the actual launch of the Mango update. Unless microsoft decides that the development tools are enough for developers and that they don't need Mango earlier. Microsoft never said for sure that Devs would get it early, just that they were thinking about it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You are not linking three phones to one Live ID, linking to one dev account. So if a dev has two employees, three phones. Of a dev has three phones for testing. You only need to plug the phone onto the PC loaded with the dev tools, enter your dev credentials and the proper certificate is loaded onto the phone.

But who knows how (or if) Microsoft will deploy Mango. Probably better to wait and see what happens.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You are not linking three phones to one Live ID, linking to one dev account. So if a dev has two employees, three phones. Of a dev has three phones for testing. You only need to plug the phone onto the PC loaded with the dev tools, enter your dev credentials and the proper certificate is loaded onto the phone.

But who knows how (or if) Microsoft will deploy Mango. Probably better to wait and see what happens.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

What do you mean by "if"?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by "if"?

Probably in reference to the early release for developers. Microsoft is looking into it. I am guessing that if they do it will only be to larger development companies that have major contributions to the Windows Phone ecosystem. It is just a theory, but makes sense from a business standpoint.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes