Mango theme colours

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
In the stats section of the "I'm a WP7" app, you can see what theme colours people using the app have - and it seems there are quite a few different ones being used by the Mango users. Is this from people who've doctored their phones, or are we all going to get maroon soon?

Sogeman

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
In the stats section of the "I'm a WP7" app, you can see what theme colours people using the app have - and it seems there are quite a few different ones being used by the Mango users. Is this from people who've doctored their phones, or are we all going to get maroon soon?

nah, still the same colors, just changed the names and intensities a bit.

If you have an LG (and probably others) you can change the color in the registry and if you still have Nodo and an unlocked phone there's an app you can sideload to change the colors and names.

It's pretty poor that they couldn't include a color chooser.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of people want a color chooser, but look at it this way. We have a lot more color choices than the other OSes. IPhone can do the default colors or inverted colors and that's it.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I know a lot of people want a color chooser, but look at it this way. We have a lot more color choices than the other OSes. IPhone can do the default colors or inverted colors and that's it.

Not really comparing like for like though, given with an iPhone you can have any wallpaper you like behind the icons. Don't get me wrong - I like the WP7 approach. But out of all the colours I only ever use two or three. Some are too lurid, some too girly, and some too...well, brown. And who wants a brown phone?

Personally, I'd love a few more colours. Grey (as seen on the HTC Radar), black, white and a couple of darker ones (the maroon colour in particular I like). Interesting that some of the colours coming up on the WP7 stats are labelled "Mango Beta". That does make them sound more official, or at least more like they're supposed to be there rather than registry hacks. Maybe MS have some test colours out on test handsets?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes i'd like some grey or black tiles too. Something a little less bright than the currently available rainbow selection. :)

Sogeman

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I changed my magenta to a blue steel color and some other color I forgot to grey.

Black looks bad (on the dark background) and I wish I had a color chooser because changing the registry is a hassle and I can't change the name.

I think I'll reinstall the color changer xap when I return to Nodo and before I update to real Mango and change some color around and the name. I think they survive the update.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm doing green right now and I seem to be there longer than I was on blue or Mango. I wish I could get that color used in almost all the official WP7 demos. Brown/Orange thing.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Not really comparing like for like though, given with an iPhone you can have any wallpaper you like behind the icons. Don't get me wrong - I like the WP7 approach. But out of all the colours I only ever use two or three. Some are too lurid, some too girly, and some too...well, brown. And who wants a brown phone?

Personally, I'd love a few more colours. Grey (as seen on the HTC Radar), black, white and a couple of darker ones (the maroon colour in particular I like). Interesting that some of the colours coming up on the WP7 stats are labelled "Mango Beta". That does make them sound more official, or at least more like they're supposed to be there rather than registry hacks. Maybe MS have some test colours out on test handsets?

Yea I agree. Magenta, purple, teal and pink are pretty much never going to be used for me. I'd consider using purple if it was a darker, less girly version of the color. On the Focus it makes my eyes burn.

I wish they had a yellow color too and the grey would be nice.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind having my wallpaper of choice on my app page, something other than white or black background and the theme color.

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Two or three more color choices for the tiles and the background would be good. I would also like a different color in the text messaging app for the text bubbles. How about the ability to add a wallpaper of your choosing to the app selection screen on the home screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes