Hi,

Is it possible to link up Facebook Calendar with the calendar app on mango? Having migrated from a blackberry and been used to all Facebook events syncing, I can't understand why birthdays won't sync
    09-28-2011 04:03 AM
    On my phone it did sync.
    I have the facebook birthdays on the calendar

Go to Calendar -> Settings
    Also, you can go to People -> settings, scroll down, tap and hold on Facebook account and choose "Sync" from the menu that appears
    09-28-2011 04:12 AM
    The only birthday calender that is syncing for me is the windows live one. I've tried disabling that and resyncing Facebook but that isn't working...
    09-28-2011 04:23 AM
    Well.. in my case, I didnt have to do anything special.. I just saw my birthdays and one event I responded to appear in my calendar. I didnt even know that was possible :)
    09-28-2011 04:29 AM
    Hmmm are you sure its not your windows live birthday calendar?
    09-28-2011 04:31 AM
    yes, I'm sure :)
    Each calendar source has a different color. I can easily tell which items are from Live and which are from Facebook.
    Also, that event I was mentioning, it was only in Facebook. I clicked "i will be attending" and i noticed that it later appeared in my phone calendar.
    09-28-2011 04:34 AM
    Hmm looks like its synced everyones birthdays in the people app but not added them to my calendar...
    09-28-2011 05:08 AM
    Maybe it takes a while ...
    09-28-2011 05:54 AM
    On my Calendar settings I have the following Calendars.
    Windows Live = Off
    US Holidays (Windows Live) = Off
    Birthday Calendar (Windows Live) = Off
    Google = On
    Calendar (Facebook) = Off

Then there are two preferences at the bottom:

Show to dos on the calendar.
    Only show facebook events I've responded to.
    09-28-2011 07:31 AM
    It shows the events for me but birthdays only work when I add them to Windows Live. :(
    09-28-2011 08:12 AM
    Mine wern't showing any birthdays until I did so much messing about I don't know what worked!
    I went into People settings and synced Facebook, I then went into People and opened a few and checked they had birthdays there. I then went into calendar to check check settings - didn't change anything and all calendars are on ie Windows Live, My Calendar, UK Holidays and Facebook. I think I also turned my phone off and back on again.
    Next time I looked at my tiles I noticed there was a birthday reminder on the calendar tile, so I opened it up and now September and all other months are full of birthdays!
    09-28-2011 08:23 AM
    Restarting the phone and syncing Facebook account worked for me.Thank for the help.
    01-17-2013 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD