More Desperation than being funny

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guy
So the mango has finally launched and while everyone is enjoying the latest release, I am still where I was since nodo. Just to bring you up2date I never flashed or went for any of the mango beta builds or the RTM version all these days, waiting patiently for the full ripened fruit to land in my lap.
My phone, an unlocked samsung omnia 7, with a t-mobile (germany) branding on its boot screen, still refuses to get updated. And then there is this news about it not getting the update for quite some time (on where is my update page). i tried forcing the update like countless others, maybe a 100 times, and still nothing.
SO, at this moment, when everyone is scrambling to get the official release to Mango, I am ready to go back to the RTM which came out and install it on my phone (and hence the title of this thread)
Is there any reason that I should not? Will I lose all my data and gamescores? Also, is there a guide available somewhere which I can follow without bricking my phone?
I am open to suggestions, and trust me, I dont want to do this, but after having countless videos and updates about how awesome mango is, I cant wait another month or more.
Thanks

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Do it. You won't lose anything by upgrading to RTM, and once you are able to get the official update (samsung drivers basically) you will also not lose any information.

RTM users get to upgrade to the official release without any issues (beta users also).

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Focus 1.4 huh... yeah you guys are boned =/

Edit: That will change with Mango trust. Is like falling in love with your ex again.

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You will NOT lose anything related to Xbox Live unless you had your xbox live connection turned off last time you opened that tile.

Everything Xbox Live is sync'd to the Xbox Live servers whenever you open the app. This goes back to when the 360 first cam out. You can delete / re-donload profiles, change xbox's... etc. and never lose your gamertag, profile, history, or achievements. Same goes with WP7. I have had 3 different WP7 devices and never lose any Xbox Live info.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hey guy
So the mango has finally launched and while everyone is enjoying the latest release, I am still where I was since nodo. Just to bring you up2date I never flashed or went for any of the mango beta builds or the RTM version all these days, waiting patiently for the full ripened fruit to land in my lap.
My phone, an unlocked samsung omnia 7, with a t-mobile (germany) branding on its boot screen, still refuses to get updated. And then there is this news about it not getting the update for quite some time (on where is my update page). i tried forcing the update like countless others, maybe a 100 times, and still nothing.
SO, at this moment, when everyone is scrambling to get the official release to Mango, I am ready to go back to the RTM which came out and install it on my phone (and hence the title of this thread)
Is there any reason that I should not? Will I lose all my data and gamescores? Also, is there a guide available somewhere which I can follow without bricking my phone?
I am open to suggestions, and trust me, I dont want to do this, but after having countless videos and updates about how awesome mango is, I cant wait another month or more.
Thanks

Guys check out ninjaps thread about another way to update to mango by updating fromk to RTM Mango release Its here in this forum
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/181311.htm

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Thousands of Focus 1.4 users (including my wife's phone) are in the same boat. What garbage. I'm getting very frustrated sticking with WP...

Be frustrated with Samsung, thats not the platform as a whole. Thats like hating windows because Dell has a keyboard recall.

Although honestly Samsung should have just recalled the 1.4 phones if they can't get the drivers released at the same time. I would have returned a 1.4 phone had I received one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes