Need Help: Security Certificates

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm at a crossroads. I have been a webOS user for over a year, but it looks like a dead end. I bought a Verizon Trophy on ebay, and I really like the OS. I would convert, but for one problem: I can't get the phone to prompt for (download) the necessary certificate to connect to the Exchange server at work. My Palm Pre prompted right away, I trusted the cert, and I was in business. IE on WP does not prompt. The cert is only available to mobile browsers, so exporting from a desktop browser won't work - I tried all day yesterday. So, here come the questions:

Is there any way to change the user agent string on the browser to mimic webOS or iOS? (I tried using the dev menu in Safari, but still no prompt. I thought I had found the certs using Firefox, so I emailed them to my Trophy and installed, but still can't connect.)

Is there any way to export the certificate from webOS?

Is there a way to view installed certificates in WindowsPhone?

If this doesn't work, I'll have to go iphone, as Android is not permitted on the Exchange server. Please help me.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Was able to get the cert by just adding the account as an outlook account. It downloaded the cert then required me to add a security lock o the phone. I hope this helps.

Sent from my Something Somwhere

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Was able to get the cert by just adding the account as an outlook account. It downloaded the cert then required me to add a security lock o the phone. I hope this helps.

Sent from my Something Somwhere

Yeah, that's not working for me for some reason. Blah.

ght

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Turns out our IT department had a new, unpublished name for the mobile EAS server. iPhone and webOS would allow the "redirect", but WP7 would not. (Some security measure, I'm sure.) I changed the name of the server in my email settings to match the name on the ssl certificate, and it synced immediately.

That will hold off the iPhone for a while.:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes