Can you set a default web browser?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks. I found a web browser that I really like. Is there a way to make it my default browser? I tried to uninstall IE but whaddya know, it won't let me.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I think you need to developer unlock the phone to do this. :unsure:

I wanted to do this myself, but then I realized all the WP browsers are based on IE, so they don't really do anything to help render webpages differently and IE still seems to be the fastest.

I tried SurfCube for a while, but got tired of watching the load screen every time I launched it and just went back to IE.

I think when we've actually got some options that AREN'T based on IE, like maybe Opera? or Chrome, then this will be a much more relevant question to me personally. By then hopefully Microsoft will step out of the way and allow us an easy way to do it.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
The browser I like is the metro browser. There is more viewable space on it and give you some extra options too. Cost me .99 cents. I'd like that t be the default, but of course they have that locked down.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
IE9 has the best security in the mobile browsing world. I would be careful to remove it as default browser especially if other browsers built-on IE9 don't tell you what changes apart from UI are involved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3