So I emailed Pandora...

shlomo80

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Odd that no-one mentioned Rdio. They have a WP7 client.

Personally I'd pick Zune Pass over any of them at this time still if I only had a Windows Phone (and you aren't, like me, in the position of having multiple mobile OS's), but still - the options are improving.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Iheart radio is pretty good. I finally uninstalled it and reinstalled to get it to work again, but I do like it better than slacker.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
iheart radio >>>>>> pandora

I totally agree. I was a Pandora user but I moved on to iHeart and other services, Spotify is excellent. For WP platform as a whole, I would like to see support from all develpoers it will only make WP that much more appealing to new users. Shame on Pandora for their lack of support but life goes on without them.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree. I was a Pandora user but I moved on to iHeart and other services, Spotify is excellent. For WP platform as a whole, I would like to see support from all develpoers it will only make WP that much more appealing to new users. Shame on Pandora for their lack of support but life goes on without them.
The only reason we need to continue to get after Pandora is because it is the first app I hear people use as an example of why WP is so behind on app selection compared to Andriod and iOS. I think most people would be hard pressed to come up with 10 apps that WP doesn't have but Android and iOS do (heavy app users could, but most smartphone users couldn't), but Pandora is the poster child for it. I get tired of hearing about it....

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Spotify is also expensive. I wouldn't pay $10/month just to stream music.

iheartradio is good. Slacker is mediocre. last.fm is pretty good, too.

The main reason I am interested in Pandora is because I've used it for 4 years already. It isn't a major issue to me if Pandora is not available, since last.fm is good.

I will not pay for any music streaming service, though. The only way I'll pay for music is if I actually own the music, such as buying .mp3s from amazon.com.

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had Zune Pass for a long time and have my Zune HD player. I was grandfathered into the $15 a month with 10 permanent song downloads, so with most songs costing $1.29 that comes out to $2.10 a month for unlimited streaming. I have also used Spotify and like that service too. Pandora is okay but nothing I miss on WP.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have had Zune Pass for a long time and have my Zune HD player. I was grandfathered into the $15 a month with 10 permanent song downloads, so with most songs costing $1.29 that comes out to $2.10 a month for unlimited streaming. I have also used Spotify and like that service too. Pandora is okay but nothing I miss on WP.

That makes sense for you.

Prior to purchasing my Windows Phone, the only Microsoft products I've used were Windows and Office. I do not own an Xbox, and I do not even know anyone who has/had a Zune player.

I used a Sandisk MP3 player before using my BlackBerrys for my music.

I have the free version of Spotify that only works on the PC.

I had a subscription to eMusic at one time but canceled it, since I no longer had any desire to keep buying songs every month.

If I want to buy songs, I use Amazon.com. I do not see any reason to pay for streaming services, since I do not own the content.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
and exactly WHAT is cheaper than Zune Pass and gets you unlimited streaming music when you want it, where you want it, and what you exactly want to listen to?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital